Redirects

Started by ChrisWV10, January 12, 2015, 08:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisWV10

Is anyone else experiencing page redirects?

I usually go to Show Unread Posts when I come to see whats happening but when I select a thread, it shows for a couple of seconds then goes on to some fitness sites, I can go back but often I get another redirect to the same site.

:computerangry: :computerangry:

This also happens from a forum search.

Using ipad with IOS 8 and Safari

Cheers

C.  :)

Sprintex

On a PC I would normally say some sort of malware to blame but I've no idea if the same applies with these i-doodah things  :uneasy:

Paul

Bealman

Yes, unfortunately it sounds like something nasty is at work. Perhaps some of our computer-savvy members can help?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

SD35

Yes, it's spread over the past couple of days.  It only affected one site for me.  Installing Adblock Plus stopped it happening.

ChrisWV10

I agree, if it was on a PC I'd be looking for something nasty at work but not on an ipad. I already have pop ups blocked.

C.  ???

MikeDunn

Quote from: SD35 on January 12, 2015, 11:03:06 PM
Installing Adblock Plus stopped it happening.
It might stop the ads, but it leaves the source of the problem intact, yes ?

Bealman

Well let's not go into meltdown here.... I am currently on my phone, no probs, had no probs with tablet today, and home PC is fine.

We need members to home in on Chris' problem.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

SD35

That's correct. The original nasty is still there lurking and the only solution I've seen so far is beyond my ken.

Geoff

My wife has this problem on her tablet with direct links taking her to pron sites, she is nearly ready to throw the tablet into the bin, it is an android tablet is there anything that will clean her tablet?
Geoff

austinbob

Quote from: Geoff on January 13, 2015, 09:58:20 AM
My wife has this problem on her tablet with direct links taking her to pron sites, she is nearly ready to throw the tablet into the bin, it is an android tablet is there anything that will clean her tablet?
I use malwarebytes which usually finds most of the nasties - you can get a free version which after you run it will report on the nasty stuff and remove it. You can get a paid for version which runs all the time and stops any nasties from infecting your computer in real time. This is their website. http://www.malwarebytes.org/
Also if you haven't got an antivirus program installed then its a good idea to do so. Lots of good free ones available.
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Geoff

Quote from: austinbob on January 13, 2015, 10:13:16 AM
Quote from: Geoff on January 13, 2015, 09:58:20 AM
I use malwarebytes which usually finds most of the nasties - you can get a free version which after you run it will report on the nasty stuff and remove it. You can get a paid for version which runs all the time and stops any nasties from infecting your computer in real time. This is their website. http://www.malwarebytes.org/
Also if you haven't got an antivirus program installed then its a good idea to do so. Lots of good free ones available.

I run malwarebytes on my pc and thanks yes there is an app for that on the Android, I better fix her tablet tonight.
Geoff

Tank

Quote from: ChrisWV10 on January 12, 2015, 08:28:38 PM
Is anyone else experiencing page redirects?

I usually go to Show Unread Posts when I come to see whats happening but when I select a thread, it shows for a couple of seconds then goes on to some fitness sites, I can go back but often I get another redirect to the same site.

:computerangry: :computerangry:

This also happens from a forum search.

Using ipad with IOS 8 and Safari

Cheers

C.  :)

As others have said, this is malware.  Certainly nothing like that on the forum itself. :thumbsup:  Good luck in getting rid of it.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations