Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbob

Quote from: Only Me on May 30, 2013, 06:30:56 PM
I think you need to invest some more money in foundations for your houses, they look precarious on that slope  :smiley-laughing:

I called the Council but you know what they`re like :)

bigbob

Quote from: Arrachogaidh on May 30, 2013, 10:09:19 PM
Quote from: bigbob on May 30, 2013, 06:26:23 PM
8 new hoppers so the 70 can get out an earn it`s wages :)

Only 8. Even 66's haul 21 in my neck of the woods........

:P :P :P

It`s all they had in  :D

steam-driven boy

Hi,
Quote from: MinZaPint on May 30, 2013, 04:08:08 PM
Hi "Steam-Driven Boy" where do you put the coal in  ???
:laughabovepost: In the HHAs as so nicely demonstrated by bigbob  :thumbsup: for sure  :D
Although there'll be other loads for it to haul in due time, and when there's that layout to put under it all  :doh:
As previously mentioned on another topic, it's the 'boy' that's 'steam-driven' of course - my tastes in motive power range from steam/diesel/electric through to my Union Pacific gas turbine - behind the U50s:
[smg id=1821]
If one were available I wouldn't hesitate in adding one of these:

NYC Jet Car M-497

Regards, Gerry  8)
...being a bear of very little brain...

upnick

Hi  Gerry,   

Great line up  of   U.S    locos  i  have versions of both they will   haul  a   long train all   day happily  ;)

Kato   did  release the   NYC  Jet Car as  one of  our members  Fifer  reviewed  here  they do come up from time to time on  ebay  &  Kato could rerelease them   yet  :claphappy:

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=3904.0

steam-driven boy

Hi Nick,
Quote from: upnick on May 31, 2013, 10:09:57 AM
Kato   did  release the   NYC  Jet Car as  one of  our members  Fifer  reviewed  here  they do come up from time to time on  ebay  &  Kato could rerelease them   yet  :claphappy:
Thanks for the link to the Fifer review, I did a search a few days ago but must have missed that, I did see an image of the Kato but without any information on it so assumed I'd already missed out  :( and then, naturally, couldn't find it again - I must remember to bookmark stuff  :doh: :-[
You may remember from previous postings that the U50s are in need of relivery from the totally fictitious ones in the piccie, naturally that hasn't happened yet either - still planning on a couple of UP and one SP  :drool: They do look mighty pretty as they are though so will continue to enjoy them that way until I'm fit enough to open the 'to do' drawer again  ;)

Regards, Gerry  8)
...being a bear of very little brain...

upnick

Yes i  remember the U50's Gerry  they are Kato / Con  Cor  best of both worlds  with the Kato   works   :D 

Kato  did  have  a video on their Kato USA  site when the  NYC  was in production see if i can find  it for you  i'll   post here.   

NeMo

Spent the day in London with the good lady wife, and while on Oxford Street, nipped into the 'Wheels of Steel' at Grays Antique Market (close to Bond Street tube station). I picked up a set of three SPA wagons (with loads) plus a single OCA wagon, all in EWS livery, for £25.

Jeff doesn't always have a lot of UK N-gauge stuff, though usually enough to make a visit worthwhile, but this time he had lots of good stuff. Lots of post-privatisation locos and EMUs (from £40 upwards); lots of wagons (from Big Four through to modern stuff, from £4 upwards); a bunch of almost new Farish coaches (maroon and chocolate/cream so far as I can tell); and almost a job-lot of Hornby Lyddle End buildings for around £6-12 a piece.

So this posting is as much a "heads up" as anything else. Definitely worth swinging by if you're in this part of London during the next week or two. The market is closed weekends, unfortunately.

Cheers, NeMo

(Former NGS Journal Editor)

scotsoft

You certainly got a bargain there NeMo  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Sprintex

I've been past there loads of times and never even knew there was a market!  :doh:

Paul

Bealman

Certainly a canny purchase. Those loads look good!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Railwaygun

Wheels of steel is the last train shop left in central London (MZ of Holborn is closed for redevelopment). I always pop in for a chat and a browse ( 2 mins from Bond St tube)

Always worth a visit as he has  a good turnover of stock and there is a nice cafe in the basement

( no cards so bring ££££)

Nick R

Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

NeMo

Quite right Nick, should have mentioned that. Jeff also takes cheques though, so you don't have to carry around a fistful of notes!

You're right about London not having much by way of model shops anymore. Even including outer London there's not much. About the only one I've been to with a really decent range of N is Kent Garden Railways in St Mary Cray. Am I missing any others of note?

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

trainsdownunder

I can still remember Beatties being the place to go.

Their old premises was taken over by Modelzone and has closed down, but they are re-opening in New Oxford Street this weekend according to the website.

scottishlocos

Hi all

Got a Dapol Class 27 after Christmas and finally got some suitable wagons for it last weekend got a wee bonus from work so got a couple of OBA's train as modelled in my Strathore Yard layout could be going to the MOD depot at Roysth or Crombie

Kind Regards

Dave

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations