Anyone else having issues with uploading to photobucket?

Started by DELETED, December 29, 2015, 05:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DELETED

Hi,

I always use photobucket for on-line images but it's really been winding me up over the past week or so having not used it for a little while.  It's not taking uploads at all and just sits there with the spinning disc, progress bar never increases no matter how long you leave it.  I'm only at 1/3rd capacity so plenty of space left on the basic account.

So far I've tried:

• Uploading to the base level library
  • Uploading to the selected destination folder
  • Dragging and dropping the file in the box
  • Using the file explorer pop-up and clicking on the file through that
  • Normally I would use private browsing for any on-line account but doesn't work on the open one either
  • Cookies etc cleared and no difference

...The FAQ's have a list of what to try disabling and what could block uploads but I've been through those and doesn't change anything.  I think it mentions to try turning off the firewall and virus checker but I will never do that.

• Win 8.1
  • Latest version of Firefox (with ABP)
  • Latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security
  • Normally I would use private browsing but doesn't work on the open one either
  • Cookies etc cleared and no difference

I've tried E-mailing photobucket help, but not had any response so far today.  Is anyone else experiencing any problems with it at the moment?  Normally it's always worked perfectly OK.

Cheers,

Rich

(Also, can anyone explain how the hec you get bullet points or numbered lists to work?  I have never been able to get it to work on any forum I've been on!)

Caz

If you mean like this:

• item 1
  • item 2
  • item 3
  • item 4
  • item 5
  • item 6

then just click on the icon for "insert ordered list" and type your items between the bracketed i and /i tags (I typed in "item 1", "item 2" etc (without the quotes)), copy and paste the tags if you need more than the 2 generated.  You don´t need to add numbering the system automatically generates the numbers.  Hope this helps.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Jools

If you've not already, I'd try disabling Add Block Plus - I've noticed the odd issue where the newer versions of add block seems to block the uploader as there are adds embedded in it.

DELETED

Quote from: Jools on December 29, 2015, 07:55:32 PM
If you've not already, I'd try disabling Add Block Plus - I've noticed the odd issue where the newer versions of add block seems to block the uploader as there are adds embedded in it.

...sorry, been there already.  No difference unfortunately ???  Strange thing is I did manage to get a set of pics onto it the other day, but seems to be a one-off I can't get going again.

QuoteThe FAQ's have a list of what to try disabling and what could block uploads but I've been through those and doesn't change anything.

DELETED

Quote from: Caz on December 29, 2015, 07:06:38 PM
If you mean like this:

• item 1
  • item 2
  • item 3
  • item 4
  • item 5
  • item 6

then just click on the icon for "insert ordered list" and type your items between the bracketed i and /i tags (I typed in "item 1", "item 2" etc (without the quotes)), copy and paste the tags if you need more than the 2 generated.  You don´t need to add numbering the system automatically generates the numbers.  Hope this helps.

I couldn't make that description out at all Caz, but seems to show-up when your post is quoted so I see now :thumbsup:  I would never have guessed it had to be done that way!

Cheers

Newportnobby

Just to add that the 'Insert Ordered List' icon can be found second to last in the buttons commencing with 'B' for 'Bold' when composing/replying to a post ;)

DELETED

I think there must be a problem either with my laptop or my internet connection.  Photobucket were looking into it but couldn't find any problem (wasn't expecting them to find anything).  But I now can't upload pics to put an ad on ebay either :'(

When I check Kaspersky there's virtually nothing happening on the network when an upload is in place, something like 0.1Kb/s down to 0.01 or just 0.00.  Just done a few broadband speed tests and it's down a little from normal also, best was 5Mb/s download and 0.05Mb/s upload.

Checked everything on the laptop and the software, re-set the router but no difference.  I can't see what's happening with router settings either as this one's a talktalk TV one and they hide all the settings.

I think I'll have to call talktalk tomorrow and see what's going on.  At least they don't charge you for calling them out in India.

Rich

DELETED

Getting closer to a fix I hope.  Seems to be a Firefox or Kaspersky issue.  I suspect Firefox as it's not possible to replicate particular problem away from it. 

Newportnobby

Can I ask why you use Photobucket, Rich?
It's something I used to do, mainly for vids, but I just got fed up with them so use www.dropbox.com now.
Pics I store on a flash drive.

Caz

Another problem with Photobucket is that quite often the images take ages to download and I often give up waiting and move on elsewhere. 
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

DELETED

Quote from: Caz on January 07, 2016, 08:47:22 PM
Another problem with Photobucket is that quite often the images take ages to download and I often give up waiting and move on elsewhere.

...Hmm I prefer photobucket because I usually find pics load up reasonably quick for me.

QuoteCan I ask why you use Photobucket, Rich?
It's something I used to do, mainly for vids, but I just got fed up with them so use www.dropbox.com now.
Pics I store on a flash drive.

...Used it for years but I don't like it for videos (I don't really upload any videos though).  I don't normally have any problems with photobucket?

FIXED NOW THOUGH AFTER ALLOT OF HEAD SCRATCHING AND FAULT FINDING :claphappy: Turns out I was having virtually no outgoing data at all, I haven't been able to send attachments on E-Mail, upload photos to ebay or the likes of image hosting sites for a little while (but anything through internet explorer as a test seemed to be working).  It's not a Firefox problem (or a photobucket one) but I have Trusteer Rapport installed as per RBS on-line banking recommendations.  Apparently kind of a well known thing now that the latest  Rapport is blocking outgoing data -and IBM aren't doing much about fixing it very quickly!  So I've uninstalled Rapport and will add to their list of enquires to fix the glitch to see if that 'gers them on any quicker.  Now why I couldn't find that one out any easier I've no idea, it was just by chance asking for help on the mozilla forum this morning and because it's so difficult to navigate I chanced on the Rapport threads trying to find my question again.  Getting E-Mail attachments out again is a major relief because I'm job hunting and I couldn't E-Mail out references after an unexpected interview yesterday :'(

DELETED

Thanks, it was a huge relief as I spent hours and hours trying to fix it.  4h trying to get talktalk to look at my connection last night -and them cutting my call 3 times didn't help my sanity.  I had Rapport set-up for any website I log in to so I'll just have to live without for the moment.  I normally use private browsing when logging-in anyway so hopefully that's keeping things secure.  Obviously if anyone else is using the Rapport / Firefox combo and hits on problems then you need to uninstall it until IBM fix the Rapport bug.

Cheers,

Rich

MikeDunn

Quote from: RST on January 09, 2016, 09:51:58 PM
but I have Trusteer Rapport installed as per RBS on-line banking recommendations.  Apparently kind of a well known thing now that the latest  Rapport is blocking outgoing data -and IBM aren't doing much about fixing it very quickly!
This isn't a problem with the latest Rapport ... it's a problem they've pretty much always had !!!  Among other things, it slows down general PC usage ...  How banks dare recommend something like this beats me  :doh:

The best recommendation I've seen about this is to uninstall it & consign to the 7th level of Hell !!!

DELETED

Quote from: MikeDunn on January 10, 2016, 11:18:52 AM
Quote from: RST on January 09, 2016, 09:51:58 PM
but I have Trusteer Rapport installed as per RBS on-line banking recommendations.  Apparently kind of a well known thing now that the latest  Rapport is blocking outgoing data -and IBM aren't doing much about fixing it very quickly!
This isn't a problem with the latest Rapport ... it's a problem they've pretty much always had !!!  Among other things, it slows down general PC usage ...  How banks dare recommend something like this beats me  :doh:

The best recommendation I've seen about this is to uninstall it & consign to the 7th level of Hell !!!

Agree with you on the speed thing.  Since I got rid of it yesterday everything's running so much faster and the cooling fan is hardly going now compared to before :thumbsup:  I get the feeling Rapport was dragging everything down  :thumbsdown:  Think I'll be speaking to RBS to have a rant let them know how much hassle Rapport has been.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations