Fed up with this forum!

Started by dannyboy, March 03, 2016, 08:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tdm

Quote from: Griffo on March 04, 2016, 12:16:49 PM
My name is Steve and although I have a problem I seem to be able to live with it.
.... or at least I was living with it quite happily ..... then SWMBO found out and surgically blocked the credit card.
I'm reduced to begging for loose change to feed my habit.
Please Help ....

Be thankful that SWMBO didn't surgically remove something else rather than just your credit card! 

Snowwolflair

Quote from: railsquid on March 03, 2016, 11:18:12 PM
Quote from: dannyboy on March 03, 2016, 08:18:35 PM
As to rolling stock, I now need a spreadsheet to record it all on!
I need (and have) one for the locomotives and multiple units... into 3 figures already, and that is just powered stuff... in my defence I live in Japan which is like a chocoholic living in the chocolate factory... I have declared Purchase Abstinence for March, let's see how that goes...

I realised I had a problem when my spreadsheet told me I was running out of short codes for DCC (that's 99 locos).

Anyway I reprogrammed them to long code DCC (that's 9999 locos) so im alright for a while yet.   8)

7P5F

I have to admit that a layout can be too big after a while.I have a 10ft x 6ft layout in N & to be honest,being a sort of figure 8 with inclines & the trains only passing the sme spot every 4th time,the thing like topsy just growed & has become a maintenance nightmare.It is now in the process of being dismantled & a Hornby Dublo 3 rail layout will take its place for a while.When the N gets rebuilt,it will be in a far simpler form with storage sidings & a passing station possibly based on New Mills on the LNWR Stockport line just to watch full length trains pass by.

Ray.

Yet_Another

The N gauge was just to 'scratch an itch' - play with trains while other projects were brewing. So far, I've almost stuck to the era & location - Cheshire, blue TOPS (fell off the wagon with a WR HST - still the right colour, though. Oh, and a few Kato Swiss bits & bobs). But I have spent an inordinate amount of money on rolling stock, and I still don't have a layout.  :o
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

GeeBee

Quote from Snowwolflair

I realised I had a problem when my spreadsheet told me I was running out of short codes for DCC (that's 99 locos).

Anyway I reprogrammed them to long code DCC (that's 9999 locos) so im alright for a while yet.   8)
[/quote]

I started out with long codes so i never had that problem
:bounce:

railsquid

I abandoned my DCC plans once it started to become clear that 90% of my powered units are about as DCC-unready as they could be and apart from the sheer cost (which would probably exceed the purchase price of many units, particularly the 25~40GBP Japanese multiple units with centre power cars and lights on the unpowered end cars ) the thought of the effort involved to chip them all is not one I want to contemplate.

dats475

What!... What did you say? You are addicted to N scale trains?........
Welcome aboard!!!

Happy N scaling everyone!
Best regards with my annoying moving signature.
  :drool: Dats 

ohlavache

Quote from: dannyboy on March 03, 2016, 08:18:35 PM
About 15 months ago, I decided I would enter the 'n gauge' world by building myself a little coffee table layout. It would basically be a 'roundy roundy', with a little station and a couple of sidings with a small steam engine and a couple of carriages. Yeh, right.  ;). After getting plenty of advice, tips and general help from you lot, the coffee table layout is well on its way. However, mainly because of this forum, (and maybe a litle bit of lack of willpower ;)),*** I have already built a another baseboard, which is about 12' long x 4' at its widest. I have a number of engines, including steam and diesels and have just bought an American engine   :smackedface:. As to rolling stock, I now need a spreadsheet to record it all on! Is there a facility for the mods to ban someone from the forum  ??? and some remote control type of thingymijig to stop any websites dealing in 'n gauge', (including fleabay), from loading onto my laptop?
Seriously,  :thankyousign: to everyone for the advice and information that is available on this ere forum. :admiration:  :beers:. David.

*** Should have added that working nights, with not a lot to do but think and plan, don't help!

I have the same affliction.
It all started when I read a post on Le Forum du N about British N gauge and suggesting to visit Hattons' web site. I had a look and discovered a new world full of lovely locomotives and coaches.  :heart2:
My first purchase was a class 37 in BR blue and two Mk1 coaches in maroon livery.
Then I discovered this forum and everything got worse! All these lovely layouts, the information shared on real trains such as milk tanks, etc.
Now I have a lot more of rolling stock... Too much would say my wife.  :P
And British stuff became the most part of my collection.

The class 37 remains my favorite locomotive and I have to thank Union Mills for having me reconciled to steam locomotives!
:NGaugersRule:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations