Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonclox

Quote from: Lawrence on January 03, 2013, 04:26:28 PM
Well I'm on the lookout for a laptop for a project if anyone is chucking them out, OS is unimportant, as long as it works.  I'll even pay the postage  ;) ;D
My lappy is one of many that the makers programed to only work south of the tundra so it always turns off at Watford if heading north.
would never sell a laptop to anybody wih the harddrive in it. Its a sure way to be hacked into at some time in the future. If- IF-IFIF I do sell it it will have a new hardrive fitted and no OS but at the momment it will be kept as a backup machine.
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Lawrence

Caz

Finally have my railway room back to myself, it's really nice having visitors but it's also nice to have the house back to myself as well.   It does mean that other than an odd bit of scenic fiddling I haven't been able to do much since before Christmas so hopefully will start catching up with things this coming week.  :claphappy:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

daveg

Quote from: whiteswan on January 05, 2013, 07:33:32 PM
Finally have my railway room back to myself, it's really nice having visitors but it's also nice to have the house back to myself as well.   It does mean that other than an odd bit of scenic fiddling I haven't been able to do much since before Christmas so hopefully will start catching up with things this coming week.  :claphappy:

Totally agree, Caz!

Spare room now back to a wondrous mess with tools and bags of scatter and boxes of stored building all over the place!

Trying to sort out how to max the storage space in the yard area. I'll probably be calling for help and advice with that in the next few days.

Dave G

Pengi

MY car insurance renewal notice came and the premium has gone down!! I didn't think things like this ever happened. :claphappy:
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

daveg

Quote from: Pengy on January 11, 2013, 07:18:04 AM
MY car insurance renewal notice came and the premium has gone down!! I didn't think things like this ever happened. :claphappy:

Good for you!

Is it perhaps that the new EU rules say that drivers must be treated exactly the same with no gender preference despite the very clear risk differences?

Does that mean my insurance bill's going up?  :worried:

Dave G

Pengi

I thought mine was going up because of the EU thing
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

longbridge

Sounds like you have an honest insurance company Jane, I would hang on to them if I was you because honest ones are as scarce as hens teeth.

We still have thousands of people waiting for insurance payouts for damage to their homes caused by floods two years ago, many wont get a cent.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

MikeDunn

Well, I got around to finally putting shelving into my 'modelling area' (read 2nd kitchen) - it's made one hellova difference !  I've not only sorted out most of the tools etc I had scattered around onto two of the three shelves, but I've also managed to get a bunch of 'extra' items (spare loo & kitchen rolls, etc etc from the Cash & Carry) onto the top shelf !

SWMBO can't believe that yesterday I said I needed to do it, and today it's complete  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :P

All I need now is some get up & go to do some modelling in my nice tidy area  :worried:  Anyone have any for sale on eBay  ???

Mike

longbridge

Well done Mike, 10 Brownie points to you for putting a smile on SWMBO face thats an added bonus,  you cant beat a tidy work area  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Quote from: MikeDunn on January 12, 2013, 09:25:30 PM

All I need now is some get up & go to do some modelling in my nice tidy area  :worried:  Anyone have any for sale on eBay  ???

Mike

Mike - I believe B & Q do packs of Get Up & Go, along with tins of elbow grease and tartan paint. I tried to get a long weight there yesterday but ended up standing there for ages :confused1:

Bikeracer

Quote from: newportnobby on January 13, 2013, 10:54:27 AM

Mike - I believe B & Q do packs of Get Up & Go, along with tins of elbow grease and tartan paint. I tried to get a long weight there yesterday but ended up standing there for ages :confused1:

It'll be in the same aisle as sky hooks,earwax and belly button fluff. :D

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

daveg

:laughabovepost: That is so silly - but I like it!  :claphappy:

Malc

That's the aisle next to the left handed hammers and screwdrivers.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

trainsdownunder

If anyone sees any Skirting board ladders can they get me a set

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations