World Cup 2018

Started by Bealman, June 16, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

I don't think he's done too badly for such a highly charged game :hmmm:
He's played the advantage rule quite well and not been fooled by those who fall down in agony if a leg hair is knocked out of place. Mind you, Suarez hammed it up awfully with his 'head wound' when his head hadn't actually been touched at all ::)

Edit:- OK so the sub-plot never came off but overall the master plan was puffick :)
(and 'Yes' that's a smug smiley) ;D

AlexanderJesse

Quote from: AlexanderJesse on June 30, 2018, 07:19:40 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on June 30, 2018, 07:11:12 PM
Great to see the master plan working well today. This afternoon saw the exit of one of the teams I dislike and this evening the other disliked team are a goal down. Can I get 2 out of 2 today? :D
As we both have the same "hopes" ... let's hope...  :laugh3:

So 2 of our wishes have come true...  :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:
Let's hope it's valid for the 3rd one (Switzerland beats Sweden and England beats Columbia) as well
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

Intercity

Well done Uruguay, and they did it without Suarez biting anyone

AlexanderJesse

Is there anybody still awake?
Just got woken up by the dogs... seems the Spanish team also heads for home... and the Russian have advanced to the quarters
Seems the game was decided in the penalties...
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

guest311

sorry,

but totally NAFFI re world cup.

IMHO  load of overpaid, over valued idiots, who would never stand up to proper footballers.

seem to spend most of their time honing their acting skills.

wouldn't waste one minute of my life watching them

joe cassidy

Can you run at 37 km/h and put the ball in the net without braking ?

weave

Quote from: class37025 on July 01, 2018, 07:30:54 PM
sorry,

but totally NAFFI re world cup.

IMHO  load of overpaid, over valued idiots, who would never stand up to proper footballers.

seem to spend most of their time honing their acting skills.

wouldn't waste one minute of my life watching them

I don't like cycling but don't clog up the Tour de France thread saying they are a load of drug taking idiots who cause havoc on the roads (not that that is necessarily my opinion) but thanks for your input.

port perran

Well, it's now bye bye Spain.
I'm thoroughly enjoying the World Cup.  Even if it is taking up valuable railway modelling time.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

Who would have thunk it? Spain gone. Fair play to the Russians - they set their game to go to penalties and it paid off for them.
At this rate the Croatia v Denmark one might go the same :hmmm:

weave

Shame about Spain as I like Spain but good for the tournament ie. the hosts still involved and also that I'd rather play them than Spain in any future match.

Come on Denmark at the moment, although the Turkish guy at the kebab shop has got £20 on Croatia at 40-1 and promised me 2 free kebabs if they win  :)

Enjoy, although as Martin says it does get in the way of layout progress. Could be extra time  :doh:

Cheers weave  :beers:

port perran

Quote from: weave on July 01, 2018, 08:46:04 PM
Shame about Spain as I like Spain but good for the tournament ie. the hosts still involved and also that I'd rather play them than Spain in any future match.

Come on Denmark at the moment, although the Turkish guy at the kebab shop has got £20 on Croatia at 40-1 and promised me 2 free kebabs if they win  :)

Enjoy, although as Martin says it does get in the way of layout progress. Could be extra time  :doh:

40-1! That's good odds.
Oh .....or do you mean win the whole thing?
I haven't eaten a kebab in 15 years. I'll be up if you get two free ones  :beers:

weave

Sorry. Meant the whole thing.

They're very good and they do great chips (not sure if they are included) Will find out if Croatia get through to the next round.

Shish or Doner?

port perran

Doner.....with chilli sauce.......of course.

Newportnobby

Quote from: weave on July 01, 2018, 08:46:04 PM

Modric is doing his best not to win at the moment. ::)

port perran

Not the greatest match but well done to Croatia even if I do feel sorry for the Danes.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations