What did Santa bring you?

Started by Newportnobby, December 25, 2016, 08:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpendle

The missus hired a handyman to come and clear out more of the basement, so that I can expand my layout.
She also got me a box of Flexitrack and a load of points, and crossovers, etc.

No I just need some baseboards for my birthday!

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Croxy

I really got spoiled........a bunch of Metcalfe buildings to replace the ones damaged in the flood......a Manor Class and a Hall Class as well as a Deltic "Pinza" in BR Green...and to top it off an assortment of wagons!!!

:bounce:

If you like it run it......

jrb

Santa brought me nothing :'(

So to make up for it, I've bought myself a few pressies in the past few days - 5 NGS bogie bolster kits (wanted some for a while, and they've just come back into stock so it would have been rude not to), a Farish 2MT in green, and a few wagons.

Currently trying to resist the urge to buy more Mk1s too.... :-[

daveg

Quote from: Croxy on December 26, 2016, 04:22:12 PM
I really got spoiled........a bunch of Metcalfe buildings to replace the ones damaged in the flood......a Manor Class and a Hall Class as well as a Deltic "Pinza" in BR Green...and to to it off an assortment of wagons!!!

:bounce:

Wow!

Who's a Lucky Bunny then?!

Photos when you can, please.

Dave G

RailGooner

Quote from: Snowwolflair on December 26, 2016, 01:17:49 AM

Self explanatory  :D
:laughabovepost: I need one of those for work.

I got: bottle of Yellow Spot whiskey; Graham Farish, WD Austerity 2-8-0 Longmoor Military Railway pack; Reeses chocolate selection; several wagons, including three TMC weathered PCA/TTAs; more chocolates; some card kits; restaurant voucher; R2-D2 etch kit; wine; even more chocolates (I like chocolates!).

But best of all, I got the joy of watching the people most dear to me opening their presents. And I got (and for a few days yet still get,) to spend rare and cherished time with those same people.

GrahamB

Quote from: port perran on December 26, 2016, 01:24:52 PM
The only railway related item I received was a single china clay wagon which goes well with the rake of 3 I already had.
Its my birthday today so Some of my pressies are joint birthday and Christmas.
Mrs PP will be treating me to 3 days in The South East in the Spring where we well visit the RH&D railway.
I also received two very nice Scottish Single Malts to add to my fairly large collection. Those two new ones will be sampled later.
And we also received one of those rather nice red espresso machines which I am now getting to grips with.
Don't forget to come and see us at the K&ESR as well.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

joe cassidy

Quote from: Steve Brassett on December 26, 2016, 01:22:02 PM
Quote from: Malc on December 26, 2016, 12:23:03 PM
Quote from: Steve Brassett on December 26, 2016, 08:30:36 AM
I got lots of chocolate, lots of bits for our holiday to Tromso in Feb, some lichen, some grass and a Noch grass shaky thing.
Hope you got some thermals, Steve. It was a bit chilly when we went there in February. Glorious sunshine, but a bitter wind.
Oh yes - bought thermals just before Christmas. They will be combined with a down jacket, sheepskin insoles, two pairs of gloves, a couple of hats and as many layers as will still let me move around.  I have no intention of being cold.  :D

Steve, be prepared to pay a fortune for booze. I reviewed some of the restaurants on Tripadvisor when we went there a couple of years ago. If you're hoping to see the Northern Lights you'll need plenty of imagination !

Best regards,

Joe

Skyline2uk

Got me the usual selection of chocolate bits and pieces, socks and novel t-shirt / jumper.

Mrs to be got me a world beer selection box, which is rarther good so far. I also was delighted with how well she received her Die Hard Christmas jumper from me (we are both huge fans of the movies).

Main event was some Blue Rays (Cival War and the new Ghost Busters) plus Cinema voucher from future sister in law, plus a cheque / cash from in-laws / mum to by a pair of the Revolution 92s.

Spoilt rotten as usual and grateful for it.

Currently winning at Trivial Pursuit as well.....

Skyline2uk

joe cassidy

Quote from: paulprice on December 25, 2016, 09:21:23 PM
I got nothing I guess I must have been a naughty boy or something, but if I ever meet the FAT FELLA in the RED suit, I'm going to kick him in the Christmas Puddings.  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Tell us about the sprouts Paul - was 2016 a good vintage ?

Best regards,

Joe

dannyboy

@port perran
Happy Birthday PP - bit of a whotsit getting a pressie and having to share it over two occasions  :thumbsdown:, (unless it is twice as big as what us others get for a 'normal' birthday  :thumbsup:).

The only railway item I received was a voucher for a model shop in Enniskillen - to which we usually go to every second weekend, so guess where we are going this coming weekend?  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

Quote from: GrahamB on December 26, 2016, 07:08:47 PM
The only railway related item I received was a single china clay wagon which goes well with the rake of 3 I already had.
Mrs PP will be treating me to 3 days in The South East in the Spring where we well visit the RH&D railway.
I also received two very nice Scottish Single Malts to add to my fairly large collection. Those two new ones will be sampled later.
And we also received one of those rather nice red espresso machines which I am now getting to grips with.
Don't forget to come and see us at the K&ESR as well.
Ah...id forgotten about that.
I'll add it to our itinerary.
Thank you.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Steve Brassett

Quote from: joe cassidy on December 26, 2016, 07:16:48 PM
Quote from: Steve Brassett on December 26, 2016, 01:22:02 PM
Quote from: Malc on December 26, 2016, 12:23:03 PM
Quote from: Steve Brassett on December 26, 2016, 08:30:36 AM
I got lots of chocolate, lots of bits for our holiday to Tromso in Feb, some lichen, some grass and a Noch grass shaky thing.
Hope you got some thermals, Steve. It was a bit chilly when we went there in February. Glorious sunshine, but a bitter wind.
Oh yes - bought thermals just before Christmas. They will be combined with a down jacket, sheepskin insoles, two pairs of gloves, a couple of hats and as many layers as will still let me move around.  I have no intention of being cold.  :D

Steve, be prepared to pay a fortune for booze. I reviewed some of the restaurants on Tripadvisor when we went there a couple of years ago. If you're hoping to see the Northern Lights you'll need plenty of imagination !

Best regards,

Joe
Thanks, Joe - I'll check out the reviews.  We have been to Norway before - my wife's cousin lives in Oslo, so I have experienced the price of drinks.  We are going for the snow and the experience - if we see the Northern Lights it will be a bonus.

LAandNQFan

Which malts, PP?  Just finished my St Stephen's Day glass of Port Charlotte (another excuse for a "Laddie" but nearly as good as Infinity).  Santa brought me another Glenmorangie special - Quinta Ruban - matured in a port cask.
Perhaps the proof that there is intelligent life in outer space is that they haven't contacted us.
Layout thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23416

BobB

Mrs B gave me a class 33 which has now been run in for the obligatory hour and chipped. It's a wonderful model. Just needs drivers and head codes fitted with some weathering. Also got a Farish bogie bolster. Again; what a wonderful model. I know we all concentrate on the locomotives but the wagons are now absolutely great as well. Friends around yesterday so a good Christmas all round.

Plainline.

Had some lovely gifts, including this book to complete my set. Going to relax and have a good look through it later.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations