Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian D and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

marco neri

:hellosign:

Yesterday, my secret love (the Blond Lady of the Trains)gave me much more "LOVE" :)

first LOVE...Class 4-6-0 Jubilee from RailsofSheffield trhough ebay-best offer...
a very good value

second LOVE...Class 37 DCC Freight Association transportation through ebay

Third and last...four tankers from ebay

.....goodnight

Marco

...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Trainfish

Some of last week's purchases. A Virgin HST which runs backwards compared to all my other (9) HSTs, class 70, Hymek dummy, rake of 8 FGW coaches. Plus a new worklight, Lyddle End building, Farish interchange shed and a few tools

! No longer available

Just waiting for my blue Western and a Freightliner wagon now  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: marco neri on January 27, 2016, 12:22:54 AM
:hellosign:

Yesterday, my secret love (the Blond Lady of the Trains)gave me much more "LOVE" :)

first LOVE...Class 4-6-0 Jubilee from RailsofSheffield trhough ebay-best offer...
a very good value

second LOVE...Class 37 DCC Freight Association transportation through ebay

Third and last...four tankers from ebay

.....goodnight

Marco

Sometimes I wonder if you order trains just to get an excuse to see your post lady. ;P
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

Trainfish

I think he probably posts empty boxes to himself for the same reason  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

marco neri

joe cassidy

So Italian post ladies don't wear uniforms.

I'm disappointed  :'(

Best regards,

Joe

jrb

Just received my first 'pre-loved' loco, an eBay bargain:

[smg id=35142 type=preview align=none]

A Bachmann/Farish jinty, in LMS black. With DCC chip already fitted, for £53 including postage!!! I think that's a really good price considering the chip would be £18-20 on it's own...

Only problem is I don't have a DCC controller yet!

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: jrb on February 06, 2016, 05:44:49 PM

[smg id=35142 type=preview align=none]

A Bachmann/Farish jinty, in LMS black. With DCC chip already fitted, for £53 including postage!!! I think that's a really good price considering the chip would be £18-20 on it's own...

Lovely! You might contact Bachmann and ask about getting a blanking chip from them for it. :)

jrb

Quote from: N-Gauge-US on February 06, 2016, 09:19:16 PM

Lovely! You might contact Bachmann and ask about getting a blanking chip from them for it. :)

I'm going to get a DCC controller soon, I'm just not 100% which one yet...

In the meantime if I do feel the need to test it on DC, I could just borrow a blanking chip from another loco. But I think I can wait! :-\

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: jrb on February 06, 2016, 10:53:54 PM
Quote from: N-Gauge-US on February 06, 2016, 09:19:16 PM

I'm going to get a DCC controller soon, I'm just not 100% which one yet...

In the meantime if I do feel the need to test it on DC, I could just borrow a blanking chip from another loco. But I think I can wait! :-\

The Jinty has a 90° pin blanking chip just like the DCC chip it requires because of limited space inside the model, so if you do get itchy to run it DC, you won't be able to do it with the body on. :/ I would recommend taking it to your local shop or club and asking them to test it on a DCC layout to make sure the engine is fully functional and problem free if it is going to be a little while before you get a DCC system, as if you need to return it/contest the sale then you only have a certain window to do it in (90 days?). I would send you my Jinty's blanking chip to use for a while but I'm stateside so you'd probably get hit with an import tariff (not totally sure how that works), so it might be better to ask on here or the Facebook page if someone else has one you can borrow/have. :)

marco neri

Don't worry
You can easy run it on DC circuit....on the contrary , DC on DCC, there must be problems.

Cheers.

Marco

railsquid

Quote from: marco neri on February 06, 2016, 11:18:40 PM
Don't worry
You can easy run it on DC circuit....
I hear that might depend on the DCC chip installed.  :confused2:

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: railsquid on February 06, 2016, 11:24:26 PM
Quote from: marco neri on February 06, 2016, 11:18:40 PM
Don't worry
You can easy run it on DC circuit....
I hear that might depend on the DCC chip installed.  :confused2:

Seems fairly likely that the Bachmann 90° chip is installed since it is the only one that fits to my knowledge. They aren't exactly expensive to replace if you fry it, but since having it come with the chip was part of what made it a good deal, I personally wouldn't risk it.

paulprice

all this talk about fried chips is making me hungry, chips, Fish and Mushy Peas....... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

jrb

Thanks, but I already have a plan- I'll take it with me to Doncaster next weekend - I know there's at least one DCC N gauge layout going to be there... ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations