Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Quote from: GeeBee on April 01, 2016, 06:35:10 PM
Just got this from Buffers on line Limited edition No 287 of 504

DCC fitted and all for £79.99

Runs really sweetly
:claphappy:  :claphappy:

I hate this thread! Just saw your post, liked what I saw and have just gone and ordered one  :goggleeyes:. (Note to self - find where willpower went to, must be around here somewhere). Please do not post any similar items  ;D.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Hailstone

Whilst attending the Redhill show with the Berkshire group, I had a wander round the rest of the show and couldn't resist this,

I oiled and tested then ran it in on the club's modular layout, then packed it away as it is for my 60th birthday next month (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)
I was later told that someone was selling a couple of Pullman liveried class 73's cheap, and hurried across to see if it was true, and the result was this:

I have long wanted one of these to go with the green one I already have, the only job that needed to be done was to swap the buckeyes the previous owner had fitted for standard Arnold style couplings - a job that tests your patience for sure!

Regards,

Alex

mickster04

I have accidently purchased some more rolling stock
one was a pre-order from the liverpudlians and the other was a fleabuy purchase
[smg id=38065 type=preview align=center caption="Inspection Saloon, BR Blue"]

[smg id=38067 type=preview align=center caption="Blue Circle Wagons and Inspection Saloon"]

As a random aside, does anyone know much Prototype info about the BC wagons, I can't seem to find much about when they were used apart from Ehattons suggests post-privatisation? I understand the CorgoWaggon liveried versions can apply all the way back to the 1980s?

Trainfish

Like you, I accidentally purchased a few items this weekend too

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

daveg

Lucky accidents guys! :thumbsup:

Jealous of Hailstones 73s. I'm still waiting for mine (Alex Royal Pullman) from GM where the delivery date stretches out further every time you ask.  :(

Dave G

MrDobilina

Arrived yesterday. this train has been all over the world! Born in Leicestershire and bought in Perth Australia. Now in Lincolnshire :)

£41 +pnp of £10. Reasonable I thought. Just hope it works
Please excuse the appalling scene. The 'dries clear' water has dried white. Joy. Time to start again

[smg id=38152 type=preview align=center caption="East mids dmu"]

dannyboy

Quote from: MrDobilina on April 12, 2016, 09:39:46 PM
Arrived yesterday. this train has been all over the world! Born in Leicestershire and bought in Perth Australia. Now in Lincolnshire :)

£41 +pnp of £10. Reasonable I thought. Just hope it works
Please excuse the appalling scene. The 'dries clear' water has dried white. Joy. Time to start again

[smg id=38152 type=preview align=center caption="East mids dmu"]

Certainly looks nice. Regarding your 'white' water - why not have a couple of derailed milk tankers up stream? :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

MrDobilina

Quote from: Only Me on April 12, 2016, 10:07:02 PM
The clearwater will have sucked the pva out of your layout!!

Ah with the exception that I have used no pva as yet :P the water goes down white and it says on the bottle dries clear. Who knows :/ just a shame to have to start again.

MrDobilina

Quote from: Only Me on April 13, 2016, 09:14:52 AM
What did you stick your scatter down with?  Is this a plywood base (untreated?) if it is maybe its reacted with the glue they use to fuse the layers together?

It's mdf as I just used a couple old cd shelves that I didn't need any more.

I may have accidentaly used ballast magic to stick scatter down with (wasn't really paying attention to the bottle I picked up) seems to have worked but not overly well hah

railsquid

D1005 Eastern Venturer returns to Japan after an intercontinental trip to DCC Supplies to have the smoke put back in its electrical gubbins.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Couplings are still in one of the little baggies.

mickster04

Received another of my pre-orders. An incredible rendition of the rebuilt Royal Scot 6100 in LMS Crimson. it is beautiful, I bought a dapol a4 a year ago and it really doesn't like my layout, despite relaying the track it struggles with the second radio curves, I am crossing many things in hope this doesn't suffer a similar fate. it looks superb though. I don't know how much i will be rule 1-ing but I want it to be a preserved loco doing tours in my sectorisation/br blue layout... anyway, here she is.

[smg id=38353 type=preview align=center caption="LMS Royal Scot Love at first Sight"]

[smg id=38341 type=preview align=center caption="LMS Royal Scot 1"]

[smg id=38349 type=preview align=center caption="LMS Royal Scot 2"]

Bealman

No wonder it was love at first sight. That is one very, very nice model.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations