Advice required from any forum motorcyclists please.

Started by Newportnobby, June 16, 2018, 12:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Stop it, you naughty man :stop:
You'll bankrupt me :telloff:

Quote from: Mr Sprue on June 19, 2018, 07:19:14 PM
best of all it has that sweet sounding smooth reliable 3 pot they are renown for.

It'll never sound as good as a Trident or Rocket 3 though :(

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 19, 2018, 08:09:28 PM
Stop it, you naughty man :stop:
You'll bankrupt me :telloff:

Quote from: Mr Sprue on June 19, 2018, 07:19:14 PM
best of all it has that sweet sounding smooth reliable 3 pot they are renown for.

It'll never sound as good as a Trident or Rocket 3 though :(

Sigh... I agree but on the up there's no noisy tappets like the old triple's had  ;)

mr bachmann

at your (our  :D) time of life , do the right thing and settle for a Plaggy Pig or if its too posh then a Bond Minicar will fit the bill  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Do they still make NSU Quicklies, or has that contravened the Trades Descriptions Act long ago? :laugh3:

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 19, 2018, 08:36:06 PM
Do they still make NSU Quicklies, or has that contravened the Trades Descriptions Act long ago? :laugh3:

My first petrol powered wheels for riding over the common when I was 13! :heart2:

themadhippy

freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Newportnobby

That's immaculate! :goggleeyes: How old is it?
I assume you take the oar with you when it rains heavily :D

Newportnobby

No way!
Some friends had a Reliant Robin and as you all know when it snows the roads have 2 tyre tracks and a ridge of snow down the middle of each lane. Needless to say their Robin front wheel just kept bouncing down each side of the ridge and was quite hilarious to watch. Not so sure I'd want to be in it, though :uneasy:

themadhippy

see thats the problem with most 3 wheelers,there the wrong way  round,what you needs a berkley

t'was the first vehicle i ever traveled in.

However for out and out 3 wheeler fun
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

daffy

Having rolled a Reliant Regal van over an iron rail fence when the centre strip of snow, a crosswind and a road drain all conspired against me, I would definitely countenance against such a beast in winter. Great fun otherwise - until an artic passes by! :o

I'm sure I passed my test on a Puch Maxi. :hmmm:

Mick, I can't advise on a choice of bike cos I'd not wish to be party to encouraging you to play Russian Roulette with all those folks with four or more wheels.
These days I think you'd be better off with one of these:

:D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Problem with the Berkley is you can't stop the nightingales singing in them.
The Carver looks to be great fun, and I see someone's putting out bikes with 2 front wheels now.
Anyone remember the Quasar?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quasar_(motorcycle)

Only ever saw one in the Isle of Man one year and the guy pulled up but forgot to get his feet out in time and the whole thing ended up on its side. Onlookers guffawed hugely to his embarrassment.

Newportnobby

Quote from: daffy on June 20, 2018, 09:43:28 PM

Mick, I can't advise on a choice of bike cos I'd not wish to be party to encouraging you to play Russian Roulette with all those folks with four or more wheels.
These days I think you'd be better off with one of these:

Or one of these even..................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD6qdzQvHhE

>:D

MinZaPint

Hi Mick, if the Puch was of interest Honda are bringing back a modernised version of the "Super Cub" scroll down on this link, also there the "monkey" sounds more like you  :D

http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/coming-soon-2018.html

Not available now but until a few years ago one of these might have suited you

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/kawasaki/w800/2011/

and while we're on bikes I thought there was some cracking footage from the IoM this year  :thumbsup:

Cheers David

Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Newportnobby

All too 'retro', David, especially the Monkey (cheeky rapscallion, you :telloff:)
There's no way I want anything that small anyway.
The Africa Twin would be OK if they did maybe a 650cc version of it :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations