Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonclox

Quote from: Lawrence on July 09, 2012, 11:56:08 AM
Try and resist the urge to give her a little shove Jon  ;)
:( You spoilsport  ::)
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Mr.Grumpy

So today I bought:

Cordless Drill
G-clamp
Razor cutter (for track)
Electrical connector blocks
Cable Clips
Wood screws
3mm drill bit
4mm wood screws

and cycled back with some nice M&S food in my bag too.

Better still, a friend is taking me to B&Q tomorrow to pick up my baseboard and wooden supports! It begins tomorrow. I'm pretty excited.
N Gauge Dystopian Future: Planning | Construction

Mr.Grumpy

I feel like I need to talk over my design with someone to make sure I'm actually doing the right thing.

Trainfish

Quote from: Mr.Grumpy on July 13, 2012, 07:18:23 PM
........................and cycled back with some nice M&S food in my bag too.

Better still, a friend is taking me to B&Q tomorrow to pick up my baseboard and wooden supports! It begins tomorrow. I'm pretty excited.

Couldn't you have picked up the baseboard and supports at the same time?  :D

Quote from: Mr.Grumpy
I feel like I need to talk over my design with someone to make sure I'm actually doing the right thing.

I like to do this too. That someone is usually called beer.

I've got 3 boxes of finescale track waiting for me in Swindon but I can't go and get it until next weekend  >:(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Mr.Grumpy

I feel bad risking the redways of Milton Keynes with my backpack on, never mind several kilos of MDF and pine haha.

Thanks again for the track and points by the way. If all goes well I'll be able to start a thread in Layout and Construction. Joy!

longbridge

It doesn't take much to make this old geezer happy but I am, its lovely to be modelling British railways again thanks to my old mate that gave me some engines.

He is also happy as he came round to my place yesterday to see how the layout is progressing so I guess another two happy campers can be added to the list  ;D ;D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Hey, Dave.
What a great result for both of you. I'm really pleased this has panned out well :thumbsup:
Crank that Deltic up ;)

Donkey

Hey it's good to see you so happy Dave, you sound like you really have got your mojo back  :thumbsup:

Marty

EtchedPixels

If you are working with sawing up and especially sanding MDF you should also add dust masks to your shopping list. And copious quantities of varnish to stop it changing its mind about its size later.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Caz

My N Gauge Society membership pack arrived today, very impressed, lots to read, should have joined it ages ago.  :)

Caz
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Pengi

Congrats to Bradley and Chris being first and second in the Tour de France and Cav winning the final stage.

What a contrast to certain other overpaid 'sportsmen' who complain of being tired!
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Newportnobby

Quote from: Pendy on July 25, 2012, 07:00:18 PM
Congrats to Bradley and Chris being first and second in the Tour de France and Cav winning the final stage.

What a contrast to certain other overpaid 'sportsmen' who complain of being tired!

Epic achievement - I salute them (and echo your sentiments too) :thumbsup:

keerout

A memorable moment for British cycling, that's for sure!
Congratulations to all of you in the UK!
One must SEE just one of these "colls" (that is mountains for you & me)to believe it's possible to climb them with a push-bike.
In my books, winning the Tour is as close to a super-human effort as is possible....
G.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Chinahand

Only one more week until i get on that big parrafin budgie and head for good old Blighty.  ;D ;D ;D

Which means I can start my new layout once I buy some furniture and get settled in. ;D ;D ;D

And I can get to TINGS this year  ;D ;D ;D

I can hardly wait now  ;D ;D ;D
Regards,
Trevor (aka Chinahand)
[smg id=2316]

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35%