Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

Happy or Angry Statistics

18 pages of Happy Thread posts since March 31 2011

37 pages of Angry Thread posts since March 30 2011

Does this mean that railway modellers enjoy being Grumpy Old Men instead of Happy Jack     

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Quote from: oldrailbug on January 09, 2012, 10:21:08 PM

Does this mean that railway modellers enjoy being Grumpy Old Men instead of Happy Jack     

Yes it bloody does - OK? :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

jonclox

Its a fact I`m proud of
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Pete Mc

The way I see it is that if you went out with your mates and spent all night saying how great everything is and how marvellous your life is you won't have them as your friends for too long.Whereas if you go out and moan about stuff,not only will you make them laugh,they'll very often join in.

The point being that nobody likes a person whose happier than them.

Pete
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

EddieA

And what exactly is your point caller?  :smiley-laughing:

To misquote a saying 'it's being so grumpy that keeps me going!' (especially as I am the wrong side of 50. Just wait until I get to the great 6-0...)
"I owe the discovery of Uqbar to the meeting of a mirror and an encyclopaedia".
(Jorge Luis Borges - 'El jardin de senderos que se bifurcan' 1941)

longbridge

Nowt wrong in having a good old moan or being happy, just a fact of life,  I was just tickled pink at the statistics and it made me happy thats why I posted this on the Happy Thread.

Could be because I moan about the Government, Oil Companies, Supermarket Prices, Crazy Drivers and a multitude of other things, when it comes to being a whinger I am up there with the best.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

EddieA

Quote from: oldrailbug on January 10, 2012, 09:08:38 PM
Nowt wrong in having a good old moan or being happy, just a fact of life,  I was just tickled pink at the statistics and it made me happy thats why I posted this on the Happy Thread.

Could be because I moan about the Government, Oil Companies, Supermarket Prices, Crazy Drivers and a multitude of other things, when it comes to being a whinger I am up there with the best.

Sorry oldrailbug, hope you didn't take my post the wrong way? I was trying to be funny... :wave:

When it comes to whinging I bet I could give you a run for your money. The 'it's being so grumpy....' quote above is the one that SWMBO aims towards me the most!

'Nurse! My happy tablets please'

EddieA

The 'happy tablet' has worked

Mate from work has just let me know that he is a proud father of a son. Wife and baby well.
Father not so well as he is itching to get to pub to celebrate...!!!

Kipper

My 4Sub has arrived from Tank, so I now have some work to do to get some chassis for them and get them on my layout (which also still needs building). Thanks Tank.  :thumbsup:

Tank

Glad it arrived safely and you're happy with it.   :thumbsup:  Sad to see it go, but I'll never find the time for the conversion.  I look forward to the pictures when it's finished. ;) :D

polo2k

and the 66 here, not had a chance to do any testing, but its PURDY!
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Tank

Great stuff.  Thanks!  I'll leave you all feedback, so please do the same. :thumbsup:

tadpole

Very happy today - my Nederlaandse Spoorwegen Koploper EMU arrived today - looks superb, looking forward to testing it (although this will have to be in the sidings as the station throat is being remodelled as Salisbury Parkway, and all the main lines are disconnected).
Two rails good. Three better.

Lawrence

Quote from: tadpole on January 13, 2012, 10:54:05 AM
Very happy today - my Nederlaandse Spoorwegen Koploper EMU arrived today - looks superb, looking forward to testing it (although this will have to be in the sidings as the station throat is being remodelled as Salisbury Parkway, and all the main lines are disconnected).

Is that the Minitrix one in the yellow/blue livery?

Almost as strange looking as some of the Japanese stuff  ;D

tadpole

That's the one. I think they can be described as "imposing" rather than "pretty".
The continental loading gauge means they maintain the corridor connection between units by lifting the driver up, rather than by shoving him to the side (as they do in UK).

These run as 11-car trains from Amsterdam to Zwolle, where they divide, 7 coaches (3+4 car set) go on to Groningen and 4 to Leeuwaarden.
Two rails good. Three better.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations