Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

You'll be getting the cold shoulder treatment of Mr Tiddles, Mick. They don't like catteries. I go to have my aorta scanned on the 19th, so I'll be thinking of you. Don't worry about the op, (easy to say) you'll just nod off and wake up with pretty nurses fussing over you.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Just called the cattery and, blow me down, he's settled in a treat. No doubt I'll be shown the puckered bumhole for a couple of days when I get him back :doh:

Quote from: Malc on January 06, 2016, 12:32:35 PM
Don't worry about the op, (easy to say) you'll just nod off and wake up with pretty nurses fussing over you.

When I went for my pre-op on New Years Eve of course they gave me a good rollicking about smoking (although I have it down to single figures per day now) yet I estimate at least 85% of the nurses I saw around the hospital would be described as clinically obese. Needless to say, I didn't quip 'see you in the gym' :no:
Good luck on the 19th, Malc.

Sprintex

Quote from: newportnobby on January 06, 2016, 12:44:40 PM
When I went for my pre-op on New Years Eve of course they gave me a good rollicking about smoking (although I have it down to single figures per day now) yet I estimate at least 85% of the nurses I saw around the hospital would be described as clinically obese. Needless to say, I didn't quip 'see you in the gym' :no:

And had you gone just outside the doors into a quiet area you'd have probably found a big bunch of the same nurses smoking away in secret - nursing has one of the highest percentages of smokers by profession, and yet you'd think seeing the effects day-in-day-out they'd know better! ::)

Paul

jonclox

All the best for the op. Mike and I think I can say that for most of our members.
Its just a case of roll on the 20th now cause it will all be over by then  :beers:
Of course we wish Malc all the best as well :beers:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Well - Hookey (the cat) showed his feelings in no uncertain terms by laying an enormous, gag inducing  :poop: in the cat basket on the way back home. Lord knows when I'll get the stench out of my nostrils :laugh:
Needless to say he's fast asleep on my bed now ::)

Quote from: Sprintex on January 06, 2016, 12:56:54 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on January 06, 2016, 12:44:40 PM

And had you gone just outside the doors into a quiet area you'd have probably found a big bunch of the same nurses smoking away in secret - nursing has one of the highest percentages of smokers by profession, and yet you'd think seeing the effects day-in-day-out they'd know better! ::)

Paul

You're not wrong there, although Lord knows where they go as the entire site is a smoke free zone.

scotsoft

At least you can be prepared next time with some air freshener  >:D

Cheers John.

daveg

Poor Hookey!

Our Blue does the same thing when he has to travel. At just around 14lb, he's a big cat and makes a similar impression on his carrying device.

Not a nice thing to tidy up but have a try using the Dettol disinfectant aerosol - did the trick here! Boots and Tesco do it for around £3.

For Hookey's next trip, perhaps line his basket with loads of paper towel on top of a newspaper?

All crossable parts crossed for the 19th but no doubt you'll be hereabouts up till then and back again soon after.  :thumbsup:

Dave G

GeeBee

Sorry to hear all the problems will be thinking of you on the 19th
Graham

javlinfaw7

I would be careful with Detol as any disinfectant that turns white in water can be poisonous to cats

austinbob

Quote from: javlinfaw7 on January 06, 2016, 06:33:12 PM
I would be careful with Detol as any disinfectant that turns white in water can be poisonous to cats
Quite right - and also a load of other cleaning agents

'Cleaning and hygiene products such as bleach, cleaning fluids and creams, deodorants, deodorisers, disinfectants (particularly phenolic compounds like 'Dettol' which turn milky in water), laundry capsules and concentrated liquids, furniture and metal polishes. Concentrated washing liquids or powders can burn the feet and skin if cats walk through them.'
Ouch!!
Looks like you need to keep a cat in a cage... :)
See this link for more info..
http://icatcare.org/advice/cats-and-poisons
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

daveg

Very good advice.

Apologies if it looked as though I put our animals at any risk.

My suggestion was to disinfect the smelly bits which should always be well rinsed if not rewashed after the risk of lingering germs have been dealt with.

I have a trusty steam mop and attachments that deals with the majority of routine moggie marks and mistakes.  :)

Dave G

mr bachmann

could'nt imagine pets been smelly - especialy pussy's  :D

DELETED

I'm an oil and gas guy -ex-offshore and while everyone is rubbing their hands with glee at sub £1 / ltr at the fuel pumps, this past 18 months has been a total nightmare.  I can't seem to get any work anywhere, even sweeping workshop floors or stacking shelves.  Just before xmas I reached the point my property has to go -I can't get any work which pays the bills for knocking on for 18 months now and savings are empty.  I would normally go down to my folks for xmas but this year my Mum came up to me and we had a very quiet one.  Was painting walls and boxing up stuff on xmas and new years day, last few days I've been up and down the road in hired vans -we don't have allot of space at Mums so I've had to be ruthless.  It's like re-winding time 20 years ago.

..This new year marks my second out of proper work and pretty low esteem.  I know this s not a political forum but there certain things I see happening -or not (particularly in Scotland) which are not necessarily in  media coverage and well-hiden.  I don't know where to go from here.................

austinbob

Quote from: RST on January 06, 2016, 08:51:16 PM
I'm an oil and gas guy -ex-offshore and while everyone is rubbing their hands with glee at sub £1 / ltr at the fuel pumps, this past 18 months has been a total nightmare.  I can't seem to get any work anywhere, even sweeping workshop floors or stacking shelves.  Just before xmas I reached the point my property has to go -I can't get any work which pays the bills for knocking on for 18 months now and savings are empty.  I would normally go down to my folks for xmas but this year my Mum came up to me and we had a very quiet one.  Was painting walls and boxing up stuff on xmas and new years day, last few days I've been up and down the road in hired vans -we don't have allot of space at Mums so I've had to be ruthless.  It's like re-winding time 20 years ago.

..This new year marks my second out of proper work and pretty low esteem.  I know this s not a political forum but there certain things I see happening -or not (particularly in Scotland) which are not necessarily in  media coverage and well-hiden.  I don't know where to go from here.................
Very sorry to hear your story. I think many of us forget the varying impacts, good and bad, that major changes to industry, prices etc. have on people.
I really hope things work out better for you soon in this new year. Good Luck.
:sorrysign: :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

David Asquith

Keep your chin up RST.  Lots of people on here, are I am sure, rooting for you.  Good luck with your job search and fortunes in general.

Dave

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations