New addition to family

Started by 1936ace, May 07, 2013, 12:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Well after a 8 1/2 hour return drive to armidale we have a new addition to the family, a little kitten named Darby fox curtesy of the RSPCA animal rescue shelter.
Good looking cat and a great name.
Just hope it knows to use the scratching post and not my lounge
Bart

scotsoft

Where is the obligatory photograph so we can all go "aawwww"?  ;)

You are obviously keen, 8.5 hour drive  :o

I hope the wee thing settles down ok and you end up best of friends  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

IanUK

Congrats on your new addition.

We did a 6 hour round trip for our Tonkinese two years ago, be warned mine is still in kitten mode at 2 1/2 years.

So anything that goes round and round and small enough to played with is fair game. Kitty was playing with something in the kitchen last night, I thought bless she is playing with her ball until it dawned on me it wasn't a ball sound but more like cardboard.

Then the penny dropped, I had built the Litch Gate to my Metcale Church yesterday and left it on the dining table, I legged into the kitchen only to see it disappear under the freezer.

So at 11:30 last night I was pulling the freezer out to retrieve my model, not much damage but plenty of fluff (ahem)

Ian
People say I'm small minded and live in my own little world; maybe their right!

1936ace

Update on new arrival.

Darcy Fox has settled into the home great and has taken a liking to my 15yr old son much to the sadness of Lily and little Zac who are desperate to the point of stalking to be its best friend.

Rececived phone call while at work from Nicole this morning to advise that Mitch has had a good alergic reaction as a result of the cat thinking it would be good to sleep with Mitch last night. Dog ok cat bad!

Not sure what the next step will be  :doh:

bart

MikeDunn

How about Mitch closing his door @ night ?  Depending on how bad the reaction is, of course.

Portpatrick

Well you may find it uses the scratching post but if it is like our 2 (from our local RSPCA centre 6 years ago) it will try to use the furniture as well.  Our girl cat is especially prone to that, in spite of the repellant spray we apply!

They were 8 months old when we took them in and the boy especially is still a cute kitten at heart.

1936ace

No issues tonight cat in its bed in laundry
Must admit it would of been funny to see him looking like a puffer fish though
Bart

1936ace

I must be a sucker for punishment, we are trying again this time a rescue dog from the rspca. Met the dog today and all went well and he got along with our little dog Charlie so alls good I guess probably cheaper if I just went and got another loco though
Bart

Jerry Howlett

Go rescue Bart!

Our "New??? Hound", see "Pets corner" has now been with us for just over 2 weeks.
Our original survivor is also a "Charlie", a wee bit of jealousy that involved HIM biting ME last week because the 32 kg big boy tried to get out of the front door first, but since then life has settled down and I don't regret for a second adopting the big fella even if he may not have many years with us.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

1936ace

just got told by dog rescue that we cant have the pup as we have rural fencing that being post and 5 wire with 3 foot high rabbit mesh and as we have kangarros wander through they do damage to dogs. not sure how our charlie has managed to survive. and they were only going to charge us A$450 to save the dog.
the poor girl who had been doing the process with us was shattered as she came and inspected our property and gave it the thumbs up only to be revervsed by a higher up person. totally frustrated as our acreage property is fully fenced and could go to the rspca or pet shop and get a dog no issues and at a third of the cost.
oh well on the bright side i now have $450 to buy more trains

bart

Bealman

Maitland to Armidale and back. Gee you were keen. Haven't been up that way for years. Betcha it was cold in Armidale!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

1936ace

yes it was a little cold.

after the failed cat rescue and now the failed dog rescue nicole has pulled up stumps as it was obviously not meant to happen.

at least the dog trip was only 15minutes from home, better the the 4 1/2 hours each way to Armidale

bart

Jerry Howlett

Thats an almost move to angry thread Bart.

I thought it was just the UK that tripped over its heels in red tape.
Of course here in Italy the idea of taking in an unwanted pet is madness, so the rescue centres are few in number and grateful for you to take a dog or cat on.
Our big fella was officially registered to us as all dogs are meant to be micro chipped and registered with the authorities, but the kennel did not expect to get any payment from us.. Naturally I left there with an empty wallet...
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Newportnobby

Hope I'm not rubbing salt in Bart's wounds but I have an addition to the family today - a rescue cat I have named Tommy (Rock opera, Bo-Bo electric loco class 76 I think, and English moggy)

Poor devil is finding the heat too much and moulting greatly (bit like his owner) :sweat:

1936ace

Quote from: newportnobby on July 08, 2013, 09:28:45 PM
Hope I'm not rubbing salt in Bart's wounds but I have an addition to the family today - a rescue cat I have named Tommy (Rock opera, Bo-Bo electric loco class 76 I think, and English moggy)

Poor devil is finding the heat too much and moulting greatly (bit like his owner) :sweat:

when you say heat what temp are you talking about
bart

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations