What did you buy at tings?

Started by bluedepot, September 10, 2018, 04:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Railwaygun

4 of JBs foam inserts, to help,me tidy up, and a large helping of Snake'n pigmy pie - my  Annual treat!
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Newportnobby

Quote from: Railwaygun on September 11, 2018, 01:12:12 PM
4 of JBs foam inserts, to help,me tidy up, and a large helping of Snake'n pigmy pie - my  Annual treat!

That's really going to make @Jerry Howlett feel better :laughabovepost:

njee20

I was going to buy some of the JB boxes, but they're cash only. Who doesn't take cards in this day and age?! Need something to store stock in, the KR Multicase boxes look more suitable anyway.

johnwillimas

Finally succumbed and picked up a couple of Arch Laser brake van kits from the Osborne's stand. The models looked better in real life than they do on the Osborne's web site, so I think I might be able to make a reasonable fist of them.  The Ransome's crane looked great too - though I'm not sure how I could justify it on my layout (except under Rule 1).

GScaleBruce

Spent rather more this year than I generally do at TINGS. Picked up a  couple of German (DB) items - a second hand Minitrix BR 41 2-8-2 steam loco from Plus Daughters in good condition although rather bizarrely with no couplings (although one was in the box). Also bought a Roco BRyl 446 restaurant car from Anoraks Anonymous. In UK outline, a Farish blue/grey BG, meaning that I now have all three variants in the fleet for my parcels train. Bought some 2mm and 3mm air horns from N Brass... fitting those should be "fun". Pictures over in the continental Show your Latest thread shortly.
Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

Fardap

A Dapol club wagon £6 along with a weathered Siphon £10.50 rounded down to £16 both from Anoraks on the Sunday.
£80 Valanced Golden Eagle

Had a wander, some steak pie and pots and veg.

Then the Land Rover Discovery conked out in Bicester on way home looks like drive shaft crank shaft issue... thank heavens for warranties.  I hope!!!!

Les1952

Nothing-

I wasn't there!

100-odd miles away exhibiting Hawthorn Dene at a very pleasant Weston Super Mare show.

Les

Mustermark

A Dapol Western Glory for £70, which is less than Hattons minus the VAT. It will be renumbered as Challenger.
A blue-grey inspection saloon for £33. No idea why I wanted one, but only decided I wanted one after NGS had sold out.
And two Laser Arch kits; the bank £20 and large engine shed £40. Pricey, I admit, but are really lovely kits.

And of course, steak pie and chips with a bottle of Hobgoblin. Lovely!
Sorry Jerry! @Jerry Howlett

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

robert shrives

Well,
Having saved up ! , A lamp from Showlite for the living room,  some second hand coaches, glue and paints, two bodies from DCC, some 16 ton  coal wagon bodies for 2mm project. Thanks to Carl got a class 35 as well.  A load of stuff from Bob Davies- including some 3D print motorbikes - got them as they were so small... 

Bob had a prototype body for a 205 Hampshire power car - ideal for vinyl overlays!

Robert       

silly moo

I drew a fair amount of cash from the hole in the wall but used very little of it, I bought some etched greenhouses from Severn Models, some brass etched Golden Arrow insignia from BH Enterprises and I rejoined the N Gauge Society for the third or forth time!

In the past I've had to let my NGS membership lapse due to the cost of overseas
postage but now I don't have that problem anymore  :claphappy:

I was quite tempted by Dapol's panniers until I spied a SECR Terrier in their display cabinet, I've pre ordered one of those instead of making a TINGS loco purchase.

Newportnobby

Quote from: silly moo on September 12, 2018, 08:56:52 AM
In the past I've had to let my NGS membership lapse due to the cost of overseas
postage but now I don't have that problem anymore  :claphappy:

Mind you don't get charged overseas postage to the IoW, Veronica! ;)

AdrianC

Well my son managed to out spend me with his birthday money on a 153 off the Dapol stand for £75, and three western region liveried mk1s for what is fast becoming a 'charter rake', one off the AA stand, and two from a trader whose name I can't remember. He already has a couple of 66s to haul it, and has simply taken a shine to the livery :)

All I got was the Blue and Grey Farish inspection coach from Osborns (I had a voucher for them), and I had a small list of bits to look for which I wasn't expecting to find, but looked for anyway:
Farish MK2A FK,
A specific Electra vinyl which Adam is going to search for,
and any old coaches whose interior I might be able to butcher to fit a MK2D BFK conversion.

I was very tempted by the Chitern 68 on offer in the Cheltenham stand, but decided to save the money as I really need to get a decent controller....
If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. It it doesn't move and should, WD40...

sp1

Quote from: Roy L S on September 10, 2018, 10:47:42 PM
Farish Ivatt 2MT from Cheltenham, the late crest one 46443, a couple of decoders, a few kits and Code 40 roller gauges. The Ivatt has taken a few hours to run in properly but is now running quite sweetly.
Roller gauges? - please tell

sp1

Quote from: Atso on September 10, 2018, 11:35:37 PM
I got a couple of etched GNR brake van kits and was gifted a pair of fish van kits (actually we're splitting those once I've opened the packet) and some roller gauges by a very kind and thoughtful fellow forum member.  :D  :thankyousign:
Two posts, one after the other, about N Gauge roller gauges - these seem to be as rare as hens teeth: is there a source- I've been after some for ages

GrahamB

Quote from: njee20 on September 11, 2018, 03:41:13 PM
I was going to buy some of the JB boxes, but they're cash only. Who doesn't take cards in this day and age?! Need something to store stock in, the KR Multicase boxes look more suitable anyway.
I think you will find it down to the costs of having the machine, the percentage they take and the fact he is a small player. I always take a bit of cash as I find some dealers will knock a bit off for cash.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations