It's SRINGTIME! YAY!

Started by Jimbo, February 21, 2018, 02:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo

I've just mowed the lawn, the caravan's on charge, there was a butterfly hovering around my head! Unbelievable!......Well, if Christmas can start in September then my Spring can start in February!  :P
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

dannyboy

I have to say that it is quite Spring like here in lovely Leitrim today. Ice on the car first thing, but the sun is shining, the daffies are doing their best - quite pleasant.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Mito

In this part of the Costa Blanca it's cold, pouring with rain and windy.  :cold: Don't believe all you here about sun all day every day. Holiday propaganda.
Got to take the dog for a walk now. Hope I don't drown. :worried:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

port perran

We've had three lovely days down here.
With any luck, it stays dry and I can actually start digging at the allotment.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

keithfre

There are crocuses up here in The Hague - and snowdrops in another garden!

daffy

I had planned  to be out in the garden in the bright sunshine today but sadly the mother of all colds is entering its third week! :(

But the snowdrops and helibores are basking in the sun and the daffodil stems are rising, their tips full with burgeoning blooms, and all around buds are signalling the early start of another season of growth. Meanwhile the blackbirds compete with the starlings for the proffered nuts and worms, while the smaller birds nervously hop on the fringes, hoping to make off with some booty.
And there! A goldfinch drops in on a flying visit.

Wonderful.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Caz

Quote from: Mito on February 21, 2018, 04:42:47 PM
In this part of the Costa Blanca it's cold, pouring with rain and windy.  :cold: Don't believe all you here about sun all day every day. Holiday propaganda.

You should move south Mito, been like summer the last few days here on the Costa del Sol   :P   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Bealman

It is summer here, but thankfully the last couple of days have been cloudy and rainy - a pleasant change from the unbearable 40+ degrees we usually get in February.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Mito

Quote from: Caz on February 21, 2018, 06:32:48 PM
Quote from: Mito on February 21, 2018, 04:42:47 PM

You should move south Mito, been like summer the last few days here on the Costa del Sol   :P   :)

So I've seen on the forecast but you had your fair share of bad weather earlier on. The reservoirs in Valencia are at 16% capacity. We need the rain even though I don't like it.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

The Q

I have flowering crocuses and the daffs are on their way, snow is forecast for tomorrow....
http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/weather/met-office-warning-severe-cold-heavy-snow-norfolk-suffolk-1-5404484

Stuart Down Under

Not where I live - we're heading into autumn. The temperature barely crawled above 25C today. Time to hunker down to some winter fireside modelling. At least we are probably out of the bushfire season...
:doh:

Jimbo

Quote from: daffy on February 21, 2018, 05:45:49 PM
I had planned  to be out in the garden in the bright sunshine today but sadly the mother of all colds is entering its third week! :(

But the snowdrops and helibores are basking in the sun and the daffodil stems are rising, their tips full with burgeoning blooms, and all around buds are signalling the early start of another season of growth. Meanwhile the blackbirds compete with the starlings for the proffered nuts and worms, while the smaller birds nervously hop on the fringes, hoping to make off with some booty.
And there! A goldfinch drops in on a flying visit.

Wonderful.

Hope you manage to shake that pesky cold off soon Mike!
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

daffy

Thanks Jimbo. :thumbsup:  If it goes on much longer I'll be contacting the Guiness Records people - it seemed to start on the 27th December. :o

Bright but overcast here in Lincolnshire today, with the thermometer unlikely to top 6 Celsius and there's a distinct bite to the brisk easterly breezes. It seems that conditions will be cold  :cold: and bright for the next two weeks or so, the freezing temperatures at night ameoliorated by a fair amount of sunshine by day. The birds will need more food, the household will need more heating oil, and trains will be played with.

Spring may like to consider going back to bed for a while yet.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations