Bachmann Farish website

Started by Newportnobby, January 11, 2018, 11:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKP

I heard that it wont be back on until June

broadsword

Maybe it's on a slow boat from China.......

Chris Morris

Staggeringly inept of whoever is in charge of the website. I like to look through the products available from time to time.

The company website is the main means of showing potential customers how good or bad the company is. This is creating a very poor impression.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Yet_Another

That having been said, I suspect that most of their trade is returning customers, and much of the info is available from sites like Hattons & Rails.

Frustrating as it is, it's not going to stop me buying Graham Farish products.

Just not projecting a very good image of the be company.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Yet_Another

Not quite:

QuoteAs you may already be aware, the Bachmann web team have been busy in the background working on the new website. Our new website launch has been delayed as it must coincide with the launch of our new head office system, which has been pushed back until later this summer.

In the meantime, we hope you enjoy using our intermediary site to get the information you need quickly. As of last week, we have added several new features to enhance the site –

But at least they've done something.  :thumbsup:
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

amsie

to be honest their old site was perfect.  You just selected what you wanted to look at e.g. locos and a whole list appeared without having to click through page and pages

Graham

just had a look at the new one, doesn't do much for me, preferred the old one. One reason I used to look at it was for the expected delivery dates, which has disappeared from this new one.

Hailstone

Somebody ought to tell them that their new website is a disaster - I can't believe the mess they have accepted it as the way forward!

Regards,

Alex

njee20

Read the posts above yours. It's not the new website, it's a temporary one they never intended to have to build.

Quite how they managed to screw that up so fundamentally I'm not sure.

scruff

Quote from: Graham on March 11, 2018, 10:52:58 PM
just had a look at the new one, doesn't do much for me, preferred the old one. One reason I used to look at it was for the expected delivery dates, which has disappeared from this new one.

they are here... sort of..

http://www.bachmann.co.uk/availability/

type farish into the search box..

Cheers
Mark

RailGooner

Thanks @Lindi ! :beers: I gave up with the Bachmann site by page 2.

Graham

thanks Lindi, where did you find this on the site?
cheers
Graham

longbow

Thanks for finding this. It is quite sobering to see how far off some long-announced new models still are, and how much extra we'll be paying for some of the re-runs. Back to eBay methinks.

Roy L S

So unless I am missing it, the 8F doesn't even make it onto the "TBA" list it is so far off. Maybe I'll ask for it as retirement present....

Newportnobby

Quote from: Roy L S on March 17, 2018, 10:47:48 AM
So unless I am missing it, the 8F doesn't even make it onto the "TBA" list it is so far off. Maybe I'll ask for it as retirement present....

I think I might have to get mine delivered 'off planet' somewhere :worried:
I'm still wondering why Farish took down a serviceable website without a decent replacement. To my mind, it just sums up their attitude to their customers i.e. they don't really care.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations