Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian D and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

justintime

My Latest Purchase - Two SD70's & 24 Trucks :-)

stevieboy

:thankyousign:

That's it now for a while bar a couple of things in the post yet to arrive, I need to save some more pennies up ready for decoders and a controller.

justintime

Quote from: stevieboy on February 18, 2013, 09:30:32 PM
:thankyousign:

That's it now for a while bar a couple of things in the post yet to arrive, I need to save some more pennies up ready for decoders and a controller.

I am hoping to get over to Digitrains tomorrow to check out the DCC Controllers.  Powercab is looking favourite at the moment :)

My Latest Purchase - Two SD70's & 24 Trucks :-)

Bealman

Awesome. The loco is great, too. How 1960's does that look? Almost brings tears to my eyes.... :'(
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

scotsoft

Decided to treat myself to my first Dapol  ;)

cheers John.

Bealman

Not my time period, but VERY nice, all the same. How's it run?  :thumbsup:

scotsoft

Very quiet George and it is still being run in.
Lights all work and it just looks the business going round the track  :heart2:

cheers John.

Pete Mc

Yep,Dapol's HST in any livery looks fantastic,I particularly love my blue/grey ones and with Legomanbiffo's Paxman Valenta loaded sound chip,sound as fantastic as they look.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

longbridge

Great buy John, love the colour scheme it looks very posh  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Neonoodle

Evening all,

Thought i'd pop my 2 latest purchases on here.

First is the Freightliner class 66 (one of 3 class 66s i own)

And a class 57 that stood out at me, (mainly because the display cabnet was almost full with no less that 8 class 66's lol)

Got both ar 1/2 price so not bad really

Neil

stevieboy

Really like the Class 66, the freightliner colours stand out nicely.

I collected my final parcel of stock today (for a while) as the postie has requested a few weeks off. Expertly packed as usual from Rails.

Bealman

Nice buys, guys. Eek - I'm a poet and didn't know it. Like the wagons, stevieboy, but wot's those two things at front? Seriously - I don't know! Oh hang on, just looked up my copy of Britain's Model Trains: BRA steel wagons?

stevieboy

Yeah they're BRA's.  I recently did some work on the TATA steel works site in Scunthorpe and there were a few of these dotted about. Always looked odd but fascinating nonetheless.

Bealman

Yes, they are weird looking things - living as I do here at the Antipodes I don't get to see them much! I assume the lids slide open? On the prototype, I mean?

stevieboy

Yep, the cover is telescopic and retracts under the larger of the three covers. It was a fascinating few days up there, they have 1:1 scale remote controlled shunters too!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations