Show My Posts?

Started by Bad Raven, March 07, 2012, 07:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Raven

Newbie to here question, searched but nothing found.........

How do quickly I pull up all my own posts, last first, please?

This is to be able to quickly do updates to threads, a facility I regularly use a lot elsewhere.
Dave

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bad Raven on March 07, 2012, 07:56:38 AM
Newbie to here question, searched but nothing found.........

How do quickly I pull up all my own posts, last first, please?

This is to be able to quickly do updates to threads, a facility I regularly use a lot elsewhere.

Hi - if you go to your profile and click on 'show posts', it brings them up last first :thumbsup:

Bad Raven

Cheers, missed that...........................but be nice to have it as a "Show Own Posts" line along with unread and replies.
Dave

Tank

As you have probably seen, Illori has now added this feature to the forum. :thumbsup:

Mustermark

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Bad Raven

Quote from: Tank on March 07, 2012, 10:31:41 PM
As you have probably seen, Illori has now added this feature to the forum. :thumbsup:

Only just logged back in, spent all last night wrestling a recalcitrant chassis that didn't want to convert to DCC !!!

Good Stuff, Thanks VERY much......   :thumbsup:

Dave

PLD

One extra that most Forums have is the ability to list all the Threads you have contributed to (rather than every individual post, or just the Threads you started)

Illori

smf does not have that feature.

Bad Raven

Quote from: PLD on March 08, 2012, 08:41:12 AM
One extra that most Forums have is the ability to list all the Threads you have contributed to (rather than every individual post, or just the Threads you started)

Not come across that one!  (And I frequent quite a few Forums across several interests)
Dave

Mustermark

Quote from: Illori on March 08, 2012, 10:48:16 AM

That would be the Show new replies to your posts, i think.

They are all up atthe top by your avatar.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Illori

but it does not *list* the threads you have replied to, it shows your replies not the threads

PLD

Quote from: Mustermark on March 08, 2012, 12:02:06 PM
Quote from: Illori on March 08, 2012, 10:48:16 AM

That would be the Show new replies to your posts, i think.

They are all up at the top by your avatar.
Not quite - that only includes the thread in the list if there have been new posts since you last visited that thread...
What I was thinking of was a list one line per thread for all threads you had contributed to there are currently only Threads you started, Threads with new replies or a list of all your posts (cumbersome if you have made several posts in the same thread.)

Quote from: Bad Raven on March 08, 2012, 11:06:09 AM
Not come across that one!  (And I frequent quite a few Forums across several interests)
Its a standard feature in both php.bb and IP.board - probably the two most widely used forum formats!

Illori

well remember just because another forum does it, does not mean all will. and for now this forum will not have that feature.

Lawrence

Quote from: PLD on March 08, 2012, 03:29:35 PM

Its a standard feature in both php.bb and IP.board - probably the two most widely used forum formats!

Ah! but this is SMF  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations