N gauge Forum access slowing down

Started by austinbob, November 03, 2014, 06:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REGP

Had problems all day, 503 errors on and off during day, when I eventually get in very slow in accessing threads and threw me out at least once, froze at other times.
A bit better now.
Ray

BLOKEY

Hi all. Slow here to. 20 minutes to log in.     By :hmmm:
Paul-H

Croxy

Me too.....perhaps trade in the Spiders and Hamsters for Gerbils?????

They're faster......     :confused1:
If you like it run it......

Tdm

Taken several hours (most of the evening) for the Forum to reach me here in Tenerife tonight.
Is it a capacity problem I wonder, or some other Website Host problem. Other Forums I use are all working fine. Perhaps the NGF Website is having an early Xmas Party and is a little hung over.  :D

GroupC

Very patchy access for me for the last few days. Once I'm in it seems OK, but getting in in the first place has mostly been impossible today and difficult / slow for a few days - lots of 503 messages. None of the other websites I regularly visit are affected.

Oldun

Got this message 3 - 4 times, then managed to log in.

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

HTH

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Dorsetmike

If/when  I get in  I'm contemplating staying in, open a new tab for other work.  It's getting beyond a joke!

Is it the software or the server that causes the problem? Will we get better service if we pay more?
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Tank

You're still having trouble? I had thought that problems had stopped for most of today. :worried:

mark100

No problems with our set up on SKY B.B  :claphappy:

:thankyousign:
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

austinbob

Quote from: Dorsetmike on December 04, 2014, 07:16:25 PM
If/when  I get in  I'm contemplating staying in, open a new tab for other work.  It's getting beyond a joke!

Is it the software or the server that causes the problem? Will we get better service if we pay more?

I know all you guys out there are doing your best to keep this Forum going but I think it might be time to ask some serious questions of your server/software providers as to what can be done to sort this problem out. Over the last couple of days I have had very limited access to the Forum.
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

mk1gtstu

I also had trouble getting on the forum again earlier this evening, seems to be o.k again now at the moment...

cheers, Stu.
My Box File Layout (South Wales Valleys Colliery) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=10430.0

Porthkerry (A South Wales layout in BR Blue) http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39654.0

Abercwm Colliery (South Wales Area) https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47521.0

Tank

Thanks austinbob, I am speaking to our hosting company about it. :thumbsup:

longbridge

I have noticed that when you lads and ladies are asleep back home that the forum can be out of action for quite some time, this has been happening quite a lot lately, I have to try several times for up to one hour to access the forum.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

port perran

Just to confirm that it is very patchy here.
At the moment it's working (not as I would expect but acceptable) but at about 6-00pm I gave up as I couldn't get on at all.
Similar picture over the last few days.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

ColinH

Same here in Norfolk. Very intermittent connection over last douple of days even if I stay logged in takes ages to load pages and can end up with 503 message. Using EE as ISP provider and Firefox for web access.
My layout Much Puffindun can be seen at http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17426.msg173415#msg173415
Warning: Being a NGF member can seriously restrict your available modelling time

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations