Can anyone identify these Dapol? coaches

Started by railsquid, September 29, 2015, 03:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris in Prague

Thanks, Bob. No problem, I understand. I've decided to bid for an early Dapol (ND series) GWR livery 14xx but, if I win, I have not decided whether to keep it in that livery or have it reliveried in BR Black Early Crest. I wanted to know if any particular model numbers were better than others but it seems not. It seems that it's just random chance how they perform

Yes, the DB V200s were the inspiration for the BR and North British Class 42 and 43 "Warships".

Bob Tidbury

Thanks Chris and sorry, its actualy snowing a bit at the moment and I dont want to get another cold and start Vals pnuemonia again shes been in Hospital for a week ,shes such a stuborn lady and wouldnt go to the doctor till I made an emergency appointment the doctor took one look at her and rang for an ambulance that way she was seen as soon as she got there ,if I took her in the car she would have been in a que for two or three hours before being seen .
As for buying anything, after the Hassle with 2A-Rail and the Trojan I wont be buying anything from ANY ONE ELSE unless I see it with my own eyes and see it running .I wont ever buy anything again no matter how good a bargain things look .
Jonny has really upset me and my trust in anyone I dont know.
As the saying goes once bitten twice shy.
But we are going way off topic now so I think I better stop before I get told off
Bob

port perran

Sorry to hear about Val. I do hope she makes a full recovery.
I too am no great fan of Ebay (although I used to buy from there) but do realise that somethings from there are good value.
Hope it stops snowing up there soon.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Chris in Prague

There's absolutely no hurry, Bob. No need to brave the cold and snow on my account.

I also hope that Val will be fine. Pneumonia is, as you know, a serious condition.

Being in Prague, if I want anything which I cannot buy new or through one of the big secondhand retailers I have to rely on eBay. I have bought hundreds of items and have had hardly any problems. I know quite a few sellers who are very reliable and friendly. However, unfortunately, as everywhere there are some who give the vast majority a bad name. I'm very sorry to read about your unfortunate experience which I had not been aware of.

Look after yourselves.

javlinfaw7

Since seeing V 200 018 at the Deutsche Technical Museum I have been fascinated by them ,I have two on a early 1960's British layout ,
rule 1 in extreme

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations