Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

themadhippy

Quotemy washing machine has decided to self destruct and now sounds like I've emptied a couple of horseshoes into the drum. I am now £250 worse off for a new one coming next Tuesday
should have dug out yer 13mm spanner and  13mm deep socket/nut spinner before ordering new,sounds like the suspension bolts have worked loose
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Newportnobby

Quote from: themadhippy on September 12, 2018, 10:01:46 PM
Quotemy washing machine has decided to self destruct and now sounds like I've emptied a couple of horseshoes into the drum. I am now £250 worse off for a new one coming next Tuesday
should have dug out yer 13mm spanner and  13mm deep socket/nut spinner before ordering new,sounds like the suspension bolts have worked loose

Oh boy - do I know that feeling :-[

stevewalker

Ours recently made nasty noises and twisted up the door/drum seal. I feared the worse, but investigation soon showed that it was nothing more than a snapped suspension spring. £14 for a new pair.

Intercity

Got home from work and walked in to find what appeared to be the HVAC unit pumping out heat (it was in the mid 80s today), a bit of investigating and the Condenser wasn't running, the heating unit had switched to emergency heat (some sort of default setting), not looking forward to this call out as new condensers usually start at $2k and depending which one is needed can top out a little over $8k.

Going to affect my purchases for a while I think.

Bealman

Yeah, things like this have a habit of happening, and you've got no alternative except to fix on the spot, which, as you say,  bites into money for proper stuff.

One day I went out the side of Chez Bealman to discover that the hot water tank had burst, and was sending a fountain of high pressure hot water all over the neighbour's car!

So that used up a bit of pocket money very unexpectedly.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

colpatben

Quote from: Bealman on September 20, 2018, 07:29:32 AM

One day I went out the side of Chez Bealman to discover that the hot water tank had burst, and was sending a fountain of high pressure hot water all over the neighbour's car!

So that used up a bit of pocket money very unexpectedly.

Could've earned some extra pocket money if you had got a sponge & shampoo and washed his/her car using your hotish water  ;)
We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Except I have an extreme aversion to washing cars.   :)

Intercity

The technician arrived yesterday, and a thorough check showed the HVAC unit and condenser to be in good working order, it was the thermostat that packed up, so instead of a $2k+ to fix it should be a couple hundred for one of those fancy smart/WiFi work it off your phone thermostats.

This probably should be in the happy thread, but I'm still unhappy that the system doesn't work.

dannyboy

The happy bit is that there is quite a drop from 2k to 2 hundred.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

That is definitely a case to be happy!  :thumbsup:

Jerry Howlett

One of those **** moments.
Mrs "H" slipped on the last stair of our spiral staircase on Tuesday, so after 3 days in the wonderful local Hospital she is resident in our living room for the next 35 Days with an ankle broken in 3 places.  Not a happy bunny...  So the progress on the layout has come to an immediate full stop as I really need to be within shouting distance.
She cannot even leave the house as there is a long flight of stairs to negotiate from our front door to the adjacent road.  I may however begin to start an escape tunnel in the direction of the local Bar...  Just in case!
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

steve836

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on September 22, 2018, 03:11:01 PM
Mrs "H" slipped on the last stair of our spiral staircase on Tuesday, so after 3 days in the wonderful local Hospital she is resident in our living room for the next 35 Days with an ankle broken in 3 places.  Not a happy bunny...  So the progress on the layout has come to an immediate full stop as I really need to be within shouting distance.
She cannot even leave the house as there is a long flight of stairs to negotiate from our front door to the adjacent road.  I may however begin to start an escape tunnel in the direction of the local Bar...  Just in case!

Perhaps a baby alarm between Mrs H and the railway room?
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Papyrus

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on September 22, 2018, 03:11:01 PM

Mrs H will be chewing the carpet if she's stuck in one room for 5 weeks... I hope you are a good cook!

Best wishes for a swift recovery.

Chris

daveg

Oh dear!

I know how painful a damaged ankle can be so huge sympathy for Mrs H, and I suppose you too Jerry as you'll be run ragged.

All the best.

Dave G

dannyboy

Give Mrs. H our sympathy but tell her it will be okay - she has you to look after her! Of course, nobody knows what state you will be in in 5 weeks!  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations