N Gauge Now

Started by Northern Git, November 24, 2013, 10:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petejones

Managed to get a refund from PayPal. I do think waiting over two months with no replies to emails is unacceptable in this day and age.

Newportnobby

@Tank I've just received the Issue 15 - Autumn 2018 copy and the forum is heavily featured with a full page ad inside the front cover and a 2½ page article towards the back. Sadly the pics of screenshots of the forum are pretty dire, but many a comment has been made about the pic quality in N Gauge Now.
Some good articles on track systems, Panniers and 2nd generation DMUs.
If you're heading to TINGS they will be on stand 42.

Sorry if this is rubbing salt in the wounds of those who are waiting previous issues/replies from Howard Foy.

Ditape

My issue 15 also dropped with a thud on my doormat today.
Diane Tape

petejones

As luck would have it, Issue 15 arrived with me today! Still waiting on Issue 14 though and I had a refund from PayPal. I will wait for Howard to get in touch and then send him the money... I'm sure he will get annoyed knowing that I have a free sub at the moment  :laugh3:

mjspeed

Received issue 15 today as well. I was a little surprised; I wasn't expecting it for a while yet :)

Newportnobby

Autumn started 1.9.18 and TINGS is this weekend so I guess they may have advanced the release a bit for the show.

petejones

I ended up buying a copy of issue 14 (plus a binder for the next 12 issues).

middlefour

Have most people who subscribe got issue 15 yet?
Steve

dannyboy

I am still waiting for issue 14!  And still had no reply to the email I sent on 1st September. :(. I realise that Howard has had some problems in the past, but, like petejones on the forum, I have now submitted a claim to Paypal.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: middlefour on September 17, 2018, 04:33:50 PM
Have most people who subscribe got issue 15 yet?

I obviously can't speak for anyone else but I have my copy and have had for a couple of weeks.

squit13

Received mine a week or so ago.

Being quarterly, I tend to forget about it just as the next one arrives, so the delays arent a huge problem.

Tank

Still waiting for 14 and 15 as well.   :(

silly moo

I was given a copy of issue 12 by a fellow forum member. I like the magazine despite some of the 'muddy' pictures, I found the articles well written and interesting. This might have had something to do with the fact that my favourite loco featured prominently  :D

I would consider subscribing were it not for the delivery issues mentioned by others. I hope these are sorted out soon. Even better would be a digital version of the magazine. I wonder if the publishers have considered this?

Newportnobby

The Spring 2019 issue has just dropped through my letterbox and has some very good articles, notably the Union Mills 'J' classes and the model history of the classes 24/25 (I do like those model history articles). Plenty of publicity for the forum, too.

njee20

I'd forgotten about this, didn't realise it was still going! Perhaps I ought to give it another chance.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations