Dapol does do repairs

Started by pmcglone, March 15, 2017, 12:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmcglone

I recently heard that Dapol do not do repairs. I rang Fiona at DCC supplies regarding new wheels for a loco and asked her if they do repairs, She said they do. This is just for members info.

njee20

Dapol don't, their agent DCC Supplies do, and always have.

Chetcombe

When I last contacted them I was told they were only accepting warranty repairs as they were so overwhelmed. Anything out of warranty - you're on your own.

So my Dapol Hall and Grange are boxed up and ready to go nowhere. Needless to say I was not impressed...
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

silly moo

Is there anyone else who does Dapol out of warranty repairs? By the time I get to the U.K. my screeching pannier will be out of warranty and I'd really like to get it fixed.

Dr Al

Quote from: Chetcombe on March 15, 2017, 08:25:20 PM
So my Dapol Hall and Grange are boxed up and ready to go nowhere. Needless to say I was not impressed...

What's wrong with them?

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Dr Al

Quote from: Only Me on March 15, 2017, 12:21:29 PM
But most of the common parts are out of stock until July (or so they say...) like motors for hst's and 52's...

So much for the promise of full spares from them oh so long ago. Never honoured....

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Nik96

Sounds like someone could do with an apprentice department...
4 Layouts in, I've never got further than ballasting track. 5th time lucky?

Chetcombe

Quote from: Dr Al on March 16, 2017, 09:59:53 AM
Quote from: Chetcombe on March 15, 2017, 08:25:20 PM

What's wrong with them?

Cheers,
Alan

The Hall was dropped and needs the tender reattaching including a new wire, I could repair that at a push. The Grange just spins, it is as though the tender sits too high.
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations