Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luigiht_rail and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

CarriageShed

Rails really do come up with some lovely locos, but they almost always go for premium prices, so watching them can be a bit painful at times  :D

EtchedPixels

Th Flatiron and other ABS kits are hard to find because Mr ABS has retired and as far as I know never passed the tools on to anyone else. Great shame really as included some rather nice steam loco kits.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

1936ace

hi all,

I had a bit of a spendy month for July and heres the proof.

cheers
bart

Sprintex

1936ace

I already hade the Hornsby lyddle set but got another of ebay for $25 in total very happy. I also got a 50 and 40 but they are put away for Father's Day
Go me!
Bart

1936ace

And my first real weathered purchases too

Bart

daveg

Excellent!

I've been buying stuff like a mad man since the end of April. Not unpacked anything other than to test run the  locos:

Dapol Class 22
Dapol Class 26
GF Class 411 EMU
GF Deltic DP1

I blame the fumes from all the paint I've been using to redecorate the entire house - only 4 more rooms to go!

Dave G

1936ace

Hi Dave wish I had used that excuse as I have just done the repaint too. So going by the remaining rooms what are the remaining six locos that may mysteriously turn up in the mail box

Bart

daveg

G'day Bart

How perceptive of you!

These are on pre-order with that lot in Liverpool:

Steamers
Class 7P, ‘City of London’ crimson, late BR crest.
Class V Schools ‘Tonbridge’ SR Malachite green
Class 4073 Castle ‘Earl of Dunraven’

Diesel
Class 22 (another one!)

The only one with a due date is the Class 22 which is 'any minute now'.

Plenty more on the wish list but now mainly diesel as the head count on kettles will be up to 16 when I get the above.

Dave G

1936ace

dave,

using your current strategy I need to paint another house as I have / want / need a 22, 50, 52, 27, 25, 31, 33, 411 because the look nice, and maybe a fairburn

bart

daveg

Quote from: 1936ace on August 19, 2013, 11:24:32 AM
dave,

using your current strategy I need to paint another house as I have / want / need a 22, 50, 52, 27, 25, 31, 33, 411 because the look nice, and maybe a fairburn

bart

I'd try and think of another, easier excuse if you can but that's the best reason to buy any or all of them.  :drool:

Rule 1 will be strenuously applied! :D

Just thinking how I get a stair tower in to reach the ceiling. Any one doing cheap sky hooks?  :worried:

Dave G

scotsoft

Quote from: daveg on August 19, 2013, 11:37:12 AM
Quote from: 1936ace on August 19, 2013, 11:24:32 AM
dave,

bart

Just thinking how I get a stair tower in to reach the ceiling. Any one doing cheap sky hooks?  :worried:

Dave G

http://www.e-shopfittings.co.uk/poster_hanging_fittings/sky_hooks/5924_p.html   :D

daveg

You're a pal!  :laughabovepost:

All I need now is a tower so I can reach to hang the hooks up!

Dave G

1936ace

Stilts dave plus it would be as funny as hell to see if no well you fell of them :D
Bart

daveg

At 5' 53/4'', I need a parachute when stepping off the kerb, so no more heightists jokes, please.

I'm a very sensitive person, as you may well have already gathered!  :nerner:

Any road up, it's  :offtopicsign: (but fun!)

Dave G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations