How long to wait before I chase it up?

Started by TylerB, March 02, 2017, 04:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerB

I ordered something from a merchant at a model show back in January. Was told there's a 4-6 week turnaround time, as things are made to order.

As of yet I've not had an order confirmation or any sort of communication or email from the manufacturer. I've sent them a follow up email just to ensure that they've got all the details correct, but had no reply.

Just wondering, if it was you, how long would you wait before getting concerned? I don't want to be pestering them if they are busy but I can't progress on what I'm doing until it arrives...

daffy

I'd ring them immediately and follow it up with an email and/or a letter.

If they are behind or on the 4-6 week schedule they should have told you as a courtesy. They may have even lost your original order, there's no way of telling till you make positive contact.

Its not pestering - you are a customer and therefore part of their life-blood.

If they already have your money, I would be more inclined to voice a stronger complaint.

All in all it is up to us to keep businesses on their toes, not give them latitude for poor customer service, if that is the case.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

RailGooner

keithfre

I agree with daffy. Suppliers only harm their reputations and lose customers by not communicating, and unless it is a literally 'sole trader' who is laid up in hospital or worse there is no excuse for it.

People are generally very understanding about problems as long as they're kept informed.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations