Annual Wishlist Poll

Started by ScottyStitch, October 10, 2016, 05:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottyStitch

For those unaware, the annual RMWEB hosted wishlist poll is now open.......

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/page/wishlist_2016.html

BobB

I would like a class 25/2 in the revised body style updated from the Farish old model (no longer available) but I could not see how to vote for it. Therefore I regard the poll as superfluous. Maybe I have to wait for Dapol to show Farish how to do it.

Mr PJ

Evening all,

Regarding the later body-style 25/2 or 25/3 I did mention last year (via the "other" forum) to wish-list compilers about the lack of these.

They stated that they would include these this year - alas no.

There aren't any other diesel models I particularly require for my modelling needs, but a couple of later body-style 25's would be snapped up, so yes, the poll is superfluous for me unfortunately.

I may contact Farish directly about this big gap in available models, hopefully others may do the same, the more the merrier.
The other big gap is the "peaks", although as I model the Highland mainline not such a worry for me personally.

Cheers,
Paul

Yet_Another

Bit of a 'me too'.

I had a quick look, no locos I want, but the later class 25, which I would have voted for, missing.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

ScottyStitch

In fairness, the poll covers much much more than just locomotives.....

Newportnobby

I saw 'Lion' and 'DP2' but failed to spot D0280 'Falcon'.
Was it there?

ScottyStitch

Yes it was there, under its TOPS Class code.

Newportnobby

Thanks, Scott. TOPS is just gibberish to me so I wouldn't have spotted it.

Karhedron

Duly voted for my usual mix of western flavoured treats.

I was going to vote for a Bulleid BCK to go with the rest of the Farish Bulleid range but I couldn't see it in the list.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

ScottyStitch

For me:

Falcon (Class 53)
Twins
DP2
Class 24/1 (With the headcode box)
Class 28 (1961 onwards)
Class 21/29 (deja vu)

Standard Class 6 Clan

LMS Porthole BFK
LNER Thomson Non-gangwayed Stock
Mk1 POT
TCV

EDIT: I would have asked for a modern chassis V2, but alas I think the last model was produced after the cut-off.

ScottyStitch

Quote from: Karhedron on October 12, 2016, 10:25:49 AM
Duly voted for my usual mix of western flavoured treats.

I was going to vote for a Bulleid BCK to go with the rest of the Farish Bulleid range but I couldn't see it in the list.

Only mention of a Bullied BCK was here:

SR Bulleid 10¼in ventilator stock
(Loose BCK; 2-sets 63-75; 3-sets 771-793 of 1946-1948)

ScottyStitch

Quote from: Mr PJ on October 11, 2016, 08:45:05 PM
Evening all,

Regarding the later body-style 25/2 or 25/3 I did mention last year (via the "other" forum) to wish-list compilers about the lack of these.

They stated that they would include these this year - alas no.

There aren't any other diesel models I particularly require for my modelling needs, but a couple of later body-style 25's would be snapped up, so yes, the poll is superfluous for me unfortunately.

I may contact Farish directly about this big gap in available models, hopefully others may do the same, the more the merrier.
The other big gap is the "peaks", although as I model the Highland mainline not such a worry for me personally.

Cheers,
Paul

I think the peaks aren't on the list because the retooling by Farish is within the cut-off date set by the poll makers. The current model is actually pretty good, body-wise, but the bogies let them down. I suppose, also, the hard wiring of the decoder puts some off.

Route-wise, the Peaks could be found on Highland Mainline. 1M15 Inverness to Euston, 28/8/61, was headed by D10, for example.

A few of them turned up in Perth off of the London Euston to Perth trains and therefore it is reasonable to assume they performed some of their filling in turns over at least part of the Highland.

keithfre

Voted for an Adams Radial - such a pretty engine!

When I see the sky-borne pigs I'll know I have a chance...

scruff

I couldn't find the later class 25 body style, The split box class 40 was missing too, as well as the class 90.

@newportnobby Falcon is a class 53... for next year!

Cheers
Mark

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations