Welcome to thefarishshed.com

Started by DesertHound, December 29, 2015, 04:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertHound

Folks

The class 47 listing is finally up! You can find it here http://thefarishshed.com/class-47/

I have rejigged the format slightly in that I wanted to present the production gallery also as a list, so now you will see the production list, followed by the gallery. Don't forget that you can click on the pictures to enlarge them. Apologies for the size of the font in the list for those of you who prefer bigger font, it was the only way I could keep the lists tidy (by not having them spilling over onto multiple lines).

I have added some navigation links at the top and bottom of the pages too to make "surfing around" much easier. You can go directly to a different class of locomotive at the top of the page, or at the bottom of the page you can either go back to the gallery front page or "latest", which is the main blog page.

I really should thank Tony (Carderail) for this section of the site, since he has been the inspiration. I am appalled by what has happened to his site.

I hope you find the resource useful, if only to look at some pictures of old Poole stock. I have had to disable comments on the site for now due to spam but you can use the contact form to get in touch, or get in touch via this thread. All input is gratefully welcomed from the community.

Next it's on to the class 37's - hopefully starting tomorrow!

Kindest

Daniel
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

railsquid

Possible correction - I have 47 455 in BR blue, but the number on the box is 8005 "BR Class 47 Diesel (Blue)", your list says 8006.

FWIW I also have "D1662 Isambard Kingdom Brunel", listed as 8005, but not in the original box.

DesertHound

Quote from: railsquid on March 01, 2016, 07:09:50 AM
Possible correction - I have 47 455 in BR blue, but the number on the box is 8005 "BR Class 47 Diesel (Blue)", your list says 8006.

FWIW I also have "D1662 Isambard Kingdom Brunel", listed as 8005, but not in the original box.

RS - would you like a job as a proof-reader? Hmmm, let's see, I can pay you a monthly sum in, errrr, in ....  popcorn! :foodanddrink:

Thanks for picking that up - the first five or so in the list had the wrong numbers but I have corrected that now. That's what happens when you try "working" late at night!

Let me know if you see anything else - doing my best guv'nor!
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Newportnobby

Quote from: railsquid on March 01, 2016, 07:09:50 AM

I have 2 x I.K.B. D1662 and the box reference is 8004 if this info is needed.

DesertHound

Thanks Mick ... it was "fat finger" syndrome which caused me to type them up wrong. Info. infront of me was correct, brain obviously processed it otherwise  :scowl:

railsquid

My IKB's box has a hand-written sticker saying "Princess Margaret Rose" and a guarantee registration card for the same. Apart from that it's in excellent condition and is one of the one's I'd "ringfence" if I had to sell up due to poverty.

DesertHound

Quote from: railsquid on March 01, 2016, 04:02:49 PM
My IKB's box has a hand-written sticker saying "Princess Margaret Rose" and a guarantee registration card for the same. Apart from that it's in excellent condition and is one of the one's I'd "ringfence" if I had to sell up due to poverty.

Never heard of the Margaret Rose RS - is that a steamer, or a box from another make?   :worried:

As for poverty - the popcorn offer still stands ... or I'll make it peanuts if you like!  :nerner:

railsquid

Quote from: DesertHound on March 02, 2016, 06:18:54 AM
Quote from: railsquid on March 01, 2016, 04:02:49 PM

Never heard of the Margaret Rose RS - is that a steamer, or a box from another make?   :worried:
I tell a slight untruth - the guarantee registration card (in the genuine Farish box) is for model 1811, which is evidently a 'Duchess 4-6-2 6255 "City of Hereford" in LMS black'. A bit of research indicates there really is a kettle Princess Margaret Rose which has been  modelled at least once in N using a Farish chassis.

Quote from: DesertHound on March 02, 2016, 06:18:54 AMAs for poverty - the popcorn offer still stands ... or I'll make it peanuts if you like!  :nerner:
You know what you get if you pay peanuts... I'll take bananas too ;)

DesertHound

Good Evening All

Two new additions to "The Shed" today ...

The class 37 production list is up and I shall be adding a photo to this page each day over the next week.

http://thefarishshed.com/class-37/

I have written a very short article on the subtle difference between early Poole class 47 chassis and why it soon had to be modified.

http://thefarishshed.com/why-the-class-47-chassis-changed/

I hope you enjoy them.

Daniel

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations