What did you buy at tings?

Started by bluedepot, September 10, 2018, 04:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

I got 2x mermaids, a type 15 signal box, collected 4x class b and 2x cargowaggon twins. I have spent a lot of money in the last month so couldn't really buy anything too expensive.

anyone get anything good?  any bargains?

Tim

jamespetts

I had a good bargain on the Farish stand in the form of a mk. 1 buffet car for only £20.
Peertube > Youtube

Jerry Howlett

Got 2 almost perfect boxed items from Anoraks Anonymous , a farish midland brake van £8 and a Dapol Fruit D £8, I had been tempted to get one from the Dapol cheapies for £13...
Once the scrum dies down there are still bargains to be had on their stand, last year I picked up 3 x Dapol 21Ton minerals for £10:50.

Resisted the Blue Pullman at £230 but it had gone by 12:00....  But if I had bought it, I wouldn't have been able to type this comment if Mrs "H" had found out...

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on September 10, 2018, 05:17:21 PM
But if I had bought it, I wouldn't have been able to type this comment if Mrs "H" had found out...

Surely you could still use your finger like the rest of us? :D

ntpntpntp

ModelMaster's last remaining Vollmer catenary cross-spans (12 pieces) at half price (£4 each).

From Anorak's Anonymous bargain bins £37 total for:  1x poorly repainted Roco swiss electric loco (worth it for the spares but it's 100% complete and  actually runs fine), 1x unused boxed Fleischmann double ended motor (they're £40-£50 now), 1x Bachmann motor from an old 4-8-4, 1x etch for a grade grossing, pair of Fleischmann brushes and springs, bag of Farish containers.

Oh and a prepaid pair of IZA Cargowaggons picked up from Revolution!
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

ajc

Half price Fleischmann Edelweiss Electric Locomotive, Passenger Coach and Baggage Coach. Secondhand items 4 Graham Farish 14 Ton Tank Wagons, 2 ICI, 1 Shell BP and 1 Shell Electrical Oils, 1 Graham Farish Van Worthington, and 1 Peco 10ft Tank Wagon United Dairies, 3 packs of people and 1 pack of farmer and pigs.

koyli55002

I found an "N-Resprays" Tamper kit that was looking for a new home ! That, a valanced A4, collecting my Cargowaggon Twins from Revolution and a few John Grey wagon kits - will keep me out of mischief for a while !

GrahamB

3 Dapol CCT's
2 Farish blue/grey mark 1's
1 Peco point,
2 Metcalfe kits
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

BlythPower

A Minitrix 3-coach DB D-Zug set and a pair of Wiking Opel Kadett cars both half price from Model Masters  :D , a Roco bogie hopper in mint condition from Anoraks Anonymous for just a tenner and some lineside detailing bits from DM Toys.

Jerry Howlett

Oh and of course I got "mugged" by the NGS "you only want one vanwide kit ?" so got 3...

bluedepot

hi

anoraks anonymous is the best stand for bargains i think.  it's just so busy.  i didn't buy anything at their stand this year though - trying to avoid buying unplanned things.

the farish stand didn't have that much on it on sunday.

it seems like the traders are the same each year... even in the same places... maybe they should mix it up a bit???!!! lets have a few different ones each year???!!!

tim

Skyline2uk

My purchases are described here:

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=6331.msg527727#msg527727

QuoteI found an "N-Resprays" Tamper kit that was looking for a new home ! That, a valanced A4, collecting my Cargowaggon Twins from Revolution and a few John Grey wagon kits - will keep me out of mischief for a while !

We did wonder how long that would last....

QuoteOh and of course I got "mugged" by the NGS "you only want one vanwide kit ?" so got 3.

As a young Padawan to the Jedi Master Hitch @Mirrlees , it amazes me how effective the words "there is a discount for 3, 5 and 10" can be....I suspect the urge was always there.... :D

Skyline2uk

Jerry Howlett

QuoteOh and of course I got "mugged" by the NGS "you only want one vanwide kit ?" so got 3.

As a young Padawan to the Jedi Master Hitch @Mirrlees , it amazes me how effective the words "there is a discount for 3, 5 and 10" can be....I suspect the urge was always there.... :D

Skyline2uk
[/quote]

I argue that he practices the dark arts...  "just the one ?"......     Last year it was "just the 6" so I got of lightly this time.

Jerry

njee20

10 pairs of IZAs
8 pairs of MJAs
A Dapol mk3 TGS for a NMT conversion
A lot of Electra vinyls; for a 350 and some sleepers

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on September 10, 2018, 09:43:42 PM

Skyline2uk

I argue that he practices the dark arts...  "just the one ?"......     Last year it was "just the 6" so I got of lightly this time.

Jerry
[/quote]

Lol he is slipping.....

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations