The shed

Started by first timer, September 05, 2017, 07:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

first timer

After a bummer weekend my electrics were fitted to-day all working great. Ready now for the shelves to be fitted and a couple of legs on the front of the base board and I,m all ready to start building a model railway. ( can,t wait ). Did,nt realise I got so much gear to go in think I need a bigger shed.

Regards
     Les

TrevL

Quote from: first timer on March 07, 2018, 02:32:02 PM
. Did,nt realise I got so much gear to go in think I need a bigger shed.

Regards
     Les

I know what you mean Les,  I'm planning to get rid of my 10 x 7 and get a 10 x 10 for that very reason ;D
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

JohnN

Congrats on all the effort getting the shed ready. Can't wait to start seeing the build now.

Bet you're a very happy bunny.  :D

first timer

I,m a very happy bunny.

first timer

I would have liked a bigger shed but there,s  a manhole right in the middle of my plot so 6 x 8 was is big as I could have so shelves and storage boxes are my answer.

Les

dannyboy

Quote from: TrevL on March 07, 2018, 06:43:00 PM
I'm planning to get rid of my 10 x 7 and get a 10 x 10 for that very reason ;D

What a total waste of money! You know that once the 10 x 10 is erected, you will want a 12 x 15!  :smiley-laughing:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

TrevL

Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

The Q

Why get rid of the old shed? when my 53ft shed got too small, I just built a 10ft extension on the end,,,

Since then I've inherited a 12ft N gauge railway, now where am I going to put that?   I know I'll... :D

Newportnobby

Quote from: The Q on March 08, 2018, 10:31:36 AM
Why get rid of the old shed? when my 53ft shed got too small, I just built a 10ft extension on the end,,,

Since then I've inherited a 12ft N gauge railway, now where am I going to put that?   I know I'll... :D

......build another extension ;D
Simples.

john12glen

This starting to show symptoms of 'shed envy' this is not an unusual psychological condition, go to B&Q to see it on a Saturday. :goggleeyes:

The Q

I wouldn't be envious of any shed they sell in Block and Quale or any other of the DIY sheds they're made down t a price not to a quality. It's not too hard to make your own to your own needs probably cheaper too.

first timer

Well I,m quite happy with my 8 x 6 all insulated cosy and warm, I go in shut the door and I,m in a world of my own and nothing else matters.

first timer

Well the sheds finished I,ve actually got track down just to see what its looks like and it looks great. I,m warm, dry, and happy,and a little portible gas stove for coffee and tea could,nt be better.

Regards
     Les :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

dannyboy

Well, on one front, all is well, but what happens when SWMBO sues for divorce on the grounds of desertion ?  :smiley-laughing:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Railwaygun

Quote from: first timer on March 09, 2018, 06:57:50 PM
Well the sheds finished I,ve actually got track down just to see what its looks like and it looks great. I,m warm, dry, and happy,and a little portible gas stove for coffee and tea could,nt be better.

Regards
     Les :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:
We demand some pictures!!
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23