Slow?

Started by Jimbo, January 24, 2017, 04:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonzack

Seems to be fine for me now @17:00, no speed problems at all.

Jimbo

All good @ 17.28hrs, a lot quicker!  :thumbsup:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Nick

Just for info, NGF has been playing up for me since about 17:00 yesterday. Slow and failing to load pages at all sometimes.

Right now, it's fine.
Nick

The perfect is the enemy of the good - Voltaire

DELETED

To be fair on mods,I have found pretty much every website slow in the last 4-5 days, weekend past I thought the internet had been killed-off (I always suspect the CIA :-[).  All the settings on my work desktop re-set about a week ago and internet is slow since.  I'm going through my home laptops -all are running slow and any website is slow to load at the moment.  I think Windows has done a big update recently characterised by a few things for me, it's certainly not just NGF that is slow for me anyway!  I have experienced the same problems acessing the NGF as others -but no different from trying to access allot of other websites :thumbsup:  It's slowly coming around back to normal though.

Rich

daffy

Using the Forum still remains erratic and leading me a merry dance each time I use it. A veritable "Forum Server Foxtrot" - slow, slow, quick, quick, slow......

:D :D
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

austinbob

Quote from: daffy on February 21, 2017, 04:05:20 PM
Using the Forum still remains erratic and leading me a merry dance each time I use it. A veritable "Forum Server Foxtrot" - slow, slow, quick, quick, slow......

:D :D
Same here I'm afraid.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

njee20

Same here, 26 seconds from clicking "reply" to getting the text entry box up.

Zogbert Splod

... and here. I've cleared all the caches, done a net speed check, compared with a variety of other sites, foreign and local. Net speed is the same as usual, load speed for other sites is good. The forum is very up and down. When it's up, it's fine. When it's slow it's S_L_O_W!!! Slow to stopped sometimes. 1 to 3 minutes loading a page. When I leave off trying, go somewhere else, come back, it's sometimes OK again for a while.
This is what I am finding both on my Lenovo tablet and on my desktop PC.
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

Newportnobby

And there was me thinking you'd nodded off and the dead man's handle had come into play :P
Between 21.00 and 21.40 it conked completely. No access via 3 different browsers.

Tank

I'm just waiting to hear back from the hosting company to see what's going on.  Only Me has done all he can on our side.

Jimbo

Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2017, 07:13:41 AM
I'm just waiting to hear back from the hosting company to see what's going on.  Only Me has done all he can on our side.

Thank you Tank  :thumbsup:

Quote from: newportnobby on February 21, 2017, 09:55:50 PM
And there was me thinking you'd nodded off and the dead man's handle had come into play :P
Between 21.00 and 21.40 it conked completely. No access via 3 different browsers.

Same for me NN....no access at all around the time you said.......i had to go and do some modelling!...  :jawdropping:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Bealman

I did have a no-go this morning Aus time but not for long.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Papyrus

Hello good people,

It seems to be my turn to find the forum imitating a Jinty with 100 loaded wagons...

It has been slow starting up for a few days now, and like the OP have had the dreaded whirling wheel for 5 minutes or more. I don't think it can be my laptop as it gets a regular disc-clean and none of my other programs/favourite websites seem to be affected.

Any ideas, chaps?

Cheers,

Chris

Papyrus

Just got round to trying this. No better, unfortunately....  :(

Chris

Tank

It's such a pain, as I haven't had a problem for months. :-\

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23