The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

Quote from: steve836 on January 08, 2017, 12:47:33 AM
So much moaning about some thing so unimportant is rather unnecessary! :D
So... Looking at this latest topic across the piece, at the end of the day there appear to be a number of action items at this juncture and of course there is the elephant in the room!

Now with a finger in the wind, and not wishing to go on a fishing expedition, the flavour of the month may require a bit of kite flying and blue sky thinking for the foreseeable future.

As there is no such thing as a free lunch and wishing to future proof our game changing game plan we will probably need a heads up and helicopter view of things to come and must keep our powder dry, bearing in mind that the last man standing should look for a lights-on initiative.

The Luddites amongst us must watch out for the low hanging fruit and not micromanage the major players in this task whilst looking for the market facing, mission critical actions to move things forward.

We can only achieve organic growth by examining the organic growth of N gauge and look for faults out of the box. If we reach the pain point of this exercise we must parachute in someone of the right pay grade who can peel the onion and plug the dyke after a pulse check in real time.

Without reinventing the wheel a resource intensive game plan is required for rightsizing the formerly rubber stamped methods whilst avoiding a shotgun approach and achieving a sweetheart deal.

We have to avoid those with Teflon shoulders and think the unthinkable without throwing the rattle out of the pram.

Be wary of the known knowns, known unknowns and unknown unknowns whilst transitioning the value added ideas and protecting the vanilla zombie projects.

Now lets talk turkey – if anyone knows what I just said then please let me know.

Wunce I cudn't spel Manigmunt Conculltent  - now I are wun.

:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Sprintex

austinbob

Quote from: Sprintex on January 08, 2017, 12:13:51 PM
Wibble

Paul
Paul.. My Management consultants' dictionary says 'wibble' means 'to speak or write in a vague or wordy manner.'

Surely you can't mean that!!
:no:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Sprintex

Your dictionary is wrong I'm afraid, "wibble" means you've put your underpants on your head, stuck two pencils up your nose, and are therefore too mad to remain on active service ;)

Paul

austinbob

Quote from: Sprintex on January 08, 2017, 12:28:14 PM
Your dictionary is wrong I'm afraid, "wibble" means you've put your underpants on your head, stuck two pencils up your nose, and are therefore too mad to remain on active service ;)

Paul
Oh that's ok then!!   :hmmm: :uneasy:

Bob Austin

Sprintex

Jimbo

I thought this was supposed to be an angry thread!? I'm wetting myself 'ere!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

austinbob

Quote from: Jimbo on January 08, 2017, 12:57:49 PM
I thought this was supposed to be an angry thread!? I'm wetting myself 'ere!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Sorry Jimbo - I'll go back to angry mode immediately.

Ohhhh I am sooo angry now!!  :veryangry:

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

@austinbob
Having read your wonderful (and oh so understandable) post how on earth could you not have shoehorned in 'running it up the flagpole' somehow ;)

daffy

@austinbob
Brilliant, just brilliant. :thumbsup: Made me laugh out loud, which as my wife will testify, is a rare thing.

Now, if only the light at the end of the tunnel would come back on...... ;)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

railsquid

Quote from: austinbob on January 08, 2017, 12:05:08 PM
So... Looking at this latest topic across the piece, at the end of the day there appear to be a number of action items at this juncture and of course there is the elephant in the room!

Now with a finger in the wind, and not wishing to go on a fishing expedition, the flavour of the month may require a bit of kite flying and blue sky thinking for the foreseeable future.

As there is no such thing as a free lunch and wishing to future proof our game changing game plan we will probably need a heads up and helicopter view of things to come and must keep our powder dry, bearing in mind that the last man standing should look for a lights-on initiative.

The Luddites amongst us must watch out for the low hanging fruit and not micromanage the major players in this task whilst looking for the market facing, mission critical actions to move things forward.

We can only achieve organic growth by examining the organic growth of N gauge and look for faults out of the box. If we reach the pain point of this exercise we must parachute in someone of the right pay grade who can peel the onion and plug the dyke after a pulse check in real time.

Without reinventing the wheel a resource intensive game plan is required for rightsizing the formerly rubber stamped methods whilst avoiding a shotgun approach and achieving a sweetheart deal.

We have to avoid those with Teflon shoulders and think the unthinkable without throwing the rattle out of the pram.

Be wary of the known knowns, known unknowns and unknown unknowns whilst transitioning the value added ideas and protecting the vanilla zombie projects.

Now lets talk turkey – if anyone knows what I just said then please let me know.

I tried thinking outside the box once but then I started getting complaints from some fellow called Schroedinger that I wasn't feeding his cat properly.

Jimbo

Quote from: daffy on January 08, 2017, 03:27:23 PM
@austinbob
Brilliant, just brilliant. :thumbsup: Made me laugh out loud, which as my wife will testify, is a rare thing.

Now, if only the light at the end of the tunnel would come back on...... ;)

I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel.....but it was just someone with a torch bringing me more work!  :censored:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Ian Bowden

In the best tradition of Sir Humphrey Appleby. 

daveg

Quote from: Ian Bowden on January 08, 2017, 11:09:34 PM

In the best tradition of Sir Humphrey Appleby.

All that is now required is some joined-up thinking rather than knee-jerk reactions.  :-X

Dave G

Steamie+

Haven't got a clue, has is most of the people who say these things.       :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations