Interesting article in Bachmann Times re quality control

Started by Elvinley, July 04, 2017, 09:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

£1000 for a set of bike pedals! :o :goggleeyes:

I must be living on a different planet to you njee.

But if they make you happy, then that's what life is all about.

:beers:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

This is as good a place to put this without starting a new thread........

This afternoon I had a "running in" session for a number of my locos that have seen either limited running or not been run by me since purchase.

One of the locos is a Bachmann Baldwin H16-44 that I must have bought here in the UK, rather than the US, as it has a CE sticker on it with their UK address. I thought this was one I had test run before (which, as it turned out, I obviously hadn't) but when I put it on the track and applied power, it did absolutely nothing - not even an illuminated headlight.

Checked everything visible - power contacts, then removed bogies, all gearing free moving etc, so decided to remove the body.

Instructions consulted and body lifted off with a bit of "persuasion". Checked circuit board diagram and found it actually bore no resemblance to the one fitted on the loco but then looked for anything untoward and discovered that one of the two copper "dummy plugs" for DC operation (in a totally different location to the diagram..) had been fitted upside down.
Duly turned said plug the correct way up and everything then worked perfectly !

So that loco has obviously never been checked to see if it worked before leaving the factory, let alone any form of quality control inspection.........

At least the other 26 locos I tested today worked perfectly!

Newportnobby

Glad everything is running for you now. A good playtest is always therapeutic, I find :)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations