The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Yeah - I'd put it on speaker after a couple of minutes. My favourite (once) was Meatloaf and "Bat out of hell" but even that would pall after 7 or more playings :thumbsdown:

Thinking about it, if the music length is commensurate with the time it takes to answer the call, maybe Schubert's Unfinished Symphony would be the optimum :laugh:

guest311

SWMBO was rushed into hospital monday morning, difficulty breathing, blue lips, swollen tongue, and even though the paramedics got her oxygen levels up they were not happy, and whisked her off - nee - naww -nee - naww.

sorted out the husky, advised daughters, and followed, at the speed limit of course  ::)

staff in A&E superb, as were the staff in resuss, and something called RAMU, she was then admitted to a ward.

this morning, customary phone call to see how she was, and is she still being discharged today ?

just waiting for her discharge to be written up and her TTO [think pharmacutical goody bag] to arrive from pharmacy. phone back at 11.00

11.00 just waiting for her discharge and TTO to be signed off, call at 14.00

14.00 think it's all been signed, just waiting for pharmacy, try about 16.00

16.00 no reply

16.30 still waiting for TTO

17.45 fed up and went up there, couldn't be more than the minimum car parking fee of two hours, could it ?

on arrival, saw nurse .. still waiting for TTO  >:(

19.15 saw sister ....it seems someone didn't sign off the TTO, so it wasn't sent to the pharmacy [apologies to the pharmacy for my curses] should be with us now first thing tomorrow.

by now, SWMBO in a right state, so keeping her in overnight, they'll phone in the morning  :veryangry:

cannot understand how the person who wrote her up for discharge, and then wrote her prescription for her TTO, couldn't bother to sign it  :censored:

hopefully she'll be home tomorrow now.

acko22

Quote from: class37025 on September 03, 2018, 05:37:03 PM
Quote from: joe cassidy on September 02, 2018, 01:00:38 PM
Napoleon was a short person.

Best regards,

Joe (short person)

and I believe also a corporal  :)

Nothing wrong woth short or Nasty or a corporal its three things put together I excel at!! Fair to say I keep things old school and not very PC generally refering to people with various but inventive names.

Hope the SMMBO is feeling better even though its another night stuck in hospital
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Newportnobby

Very sorry to hear of the problems with your other half. When they were kicking me out after the triple bypass I was told it would be midday so got my sister & Mum to come for me but for some strange reason the pharmacy was shut and the staff couldn't get my meds until 6pm. I always think the hands on folks are just brilliant but the back up (mainly office staff) let the whole side down. I especially have issues with (a) my consultant and (b) the appointments office ::)

daveg

Not a good day for either of you! Hope the escape sheet gets signed off this morning.

Had similar experience while in hospital a while back. A Nil by Mouth morning due to camera down throat that didn't happen as they 'forgot' and went home at 4pm.

They also forgot to tell the ward so I was Nil by Mouth the entire day, despite my asking what was going on. Got a curled up, dry ham sandwich at around 6pm because 'the kitchen was closed'.

I know there's huge pressure on all the staff and have respect for what they do but I don't like hospitals much.

Dave G

Bealman

Not exactly my favourite holiday destination either  :no:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

guest311

good news, paperwork snafu sorted this morning, and in due course phone call to say had arrived and she was good to go.

many thanks to those who sent her good wishes, and I agree, its not the grunts, its the pen pushers that are, as always, the problem.

got to build their empires / budgets - which then of course reduce what's available for the front line.

lastly, paramedic crew did get the choccies and biccies sent in [ a paramedic lives opposite us and took them in for me] and they also got my phoned in comments about their superb care.

so, all round, a great result.
only fly in the ointment is her discharge notes say 'see gp in 7 days' .............yer right  :no:

Skyline2uk

I wish all those who have been visiting hospital recently well, and apart from the pencil-jockeys, glad our NHS is doing well for you all.

Touch wood I have not needed the service often in my life (rather important appointment looming though  :goggleeyes:).

I just wanted to agree with the general feeling of annoyance at pencil-pushing and general bearocracy. I nash my teeth with increasing frequency these days, now being in a position where I don't have to say "Yes Sir, No Sir, Three bags sir" quite so often.

This last week gone I had to catch myself from letting fly when informed that I "shouldn't be all doom and gloom" about something which had gone wrong, by the person who's responsibility it was to prevent it going wrong  :veryangry:

Skyline2uk

guest311

welcome to civvie life, where those that can, do, and those that can't, manage, discipline, moan, avoid responsibility, write manuals, and all at a higher pay grade  :no:

just remember,

illegitimie non carborundum

or for real people,

don't let the b******s grind you down  ::)

TrevL

Quote from: class37025 on September 29, 2018, 05:04:25 PM
welcome to civvie life, where those that can, do, and those that can't, manage, discipline, moan, avoid responsibility, write manuals, and all at a higher pay grade  :no:

just remember,

illegitimie non carborundum

or for real people,

don't let the b******s grind you down  ::)

Sounds like "Crab speak", ;) but all very true.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

guest311

I expect this will be classed as aggressive / abrasive atc , but WTH   >:(

had a phone call about 22:00 last night from no.2 daughter, boiler had packed up and no hot water / heating.

as they live in a council sorry 'housing association' [think same people, but now paid more for doing less] she phoned the emergency contact number. [unsocial hours enhancement to pay] to be told she'd have to phone back this morning. so NO emergency service, and didn't even take details. she did explain she had two young children and an 8 week old baby, but not interested. could have got as much help from a recorded message  :veryangry:

so, phoned back this morning to be told it will be tomorrow before they can get anyone out. explained all again about children / baby but NAAFI.

ACKO22, if I gave you a map reference ......? :D

Skyline2uk

Above post is shocking, and I have seen the same thing with private houses and so called "total care packages" on boilers.

Hope daughter is with hot water again ASAP.

QuoteACKO22, if I gave you a map reference ......? :D

Tactical boot strike in the offing?

Skyline2uk

guest311

guest311

WHY DO WE PAY A TV LICENCE ?

yet again, it happens every couple of weeks, 'no signal available - retune

so I do, confirm I am in the UK, tell it, as always, that I am in England, then tell it I'm in the South East,

so why does it finally provide me with BBC1 WEST ?

needless to say, with ten minutes it goes pixelated, and SWMBO cannot watch some load of so-called celebs prancing around.

needless to say it's my fault.

so retune yet again, finally manage to get it to give me BBC1 South, and before it goes t*****p again, I head for the shed.

why can't we just have the channels we want, and have them actually WORK, most of the listed channels are a complete waste of space.

I'd be happy to just watch DVDs, but you still seem to be mugged by the government because they say you still need a TV licence, even if you don't want to watch the drivel on TV.

arrrrrrrrrghhhhhh

Newportnobby

I've no idea what you're trying to re-tune. Is it your TV, a set top box, your geetar?
I do have some sympathy in that occasionally I have to do a re-tune on my set top box (which is actually an under the set box ::)) and I end up getting Channel 4 Wales when I live in Lancashire ???
Not understanding a word of Welsh I just keep re-tuning until I get the English version back. PITA, though. :unimpressed:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations