Liverpool Lime St.

Started by Dock Shunter, March 01, 2017, 08:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Anyway, please keep us far and away types informed as to when things are normal again at Lime Street..... the approaches to which are classic. Eric Treacey took some classic pics in that cutting.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Tank

Please keep the North/South Divide comments off of this forum please.  Thanks.

port perran

Quote from: Bealman on March 04, 2017, 08:23:56 AM
Anyway, please keep us far and away types informed as to when things are normal again at Lime Street..... the approaches to which are classic. Eric Treacey took some classic pics in that cutting.
One of my favourite locations for the good bishop's photographs.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bealman

Apparently it was one of his favourite locations, too. Where he stood to take the photos baffles me.... must have been in one of those little alcoves, I guess.... he was definitely game!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Ian Bowden

I think this will have repercussions, as part of the cause is being attributed to a third party storing heavy materials very near the retaining wall.

acko22

According to some reports the people who were storing on the site were warned by Liverpool council last year to reduce the weight of materials been stored at the site.
As I say just reports but the blame game could be starting, just feel sorry for commuters no service under the mersey and now this the timing couldnt be worse!!!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

DELETED

I caught it on BBC news website headlines by chance just not long after it happened then saw the footage on 6'oclock news.  I did wonder about how high that wall was -and the closeness of the items stored next to it!  At least nobody was hurt but a major bummer for commuters I guess until they sort it.

Rich

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations