Liverpool Lime St.

Started by Dock Shunter, March 01, 2017, 08:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dock Shunter

Just in case anyone is unaware and maybe traveling or thinking of traveling to Liverpool,Lime St Station is closed
and looks like it will be for a few days yet due to a wall collapsing in one of the tunnels,blocking all lines into the station.

crewearpley40

Newportnobby

I saw that (several times) on the local news this morning but so far there has been narry a word on any national news I've seen up to 18.30 this evening. However, the minutiae of every word uttered by Trump in his speech to congress has been analysed in depth so that's alright then. ::)

Ian Bowden

Quote from: newportnobby on March 01, 2017, 08:39:40 PM
I saw that (several times) on the local news this morning but so far there has been narry a word on any national news I've seen up to 18.30 this evening. However, the minutiae of every word uttered by Trump in his speech to congress has been analysed in depth so that's alright then. ::)
It happened in the north - so no worries. If it had been southern rail it would headline the news and probably require a statement in parliament.
When I worked in Manchester for an international company they were regularly asking us to pop to Leeds to pass a message to another employee as if it was next door.

edwin_m

It was on the BBC website front page for at least part of today.  Network Rail reporting closed until Monday - looks a bit optimistic to me...

Byegad

Oops! How embarrassing.

As has been said it would be headline news if it happened in the South, like Birmingham ( :D just my dig as HS2) it would be the only thing on national news.

Lankyman

Latest news on TV this evening is that the line is not expected to re-open until next Thursday.

Ron
Ron

njee20

That's a mighty big chip your northerners have on your shoulder!

I saw it on the news down here in Sussex. It was on their "window on the north" feature we get. Made a change from the decline of coal mining, whippet farming and flat cap wearing.

Newportnobby

Quote from: njee20 on March 03, 2017, 10:22:29 PM

I saw it on the news down here in Sussex. It was on their "window on the north" feature we get. Made a change from the decline of coal mining, whippet farming and flat cap wearing.

"Window on the north"?
Presumably that would be the dormer window on the mansions you live in down there.
And what d'you mean, mighty big chip? :P :D

Ian Bowden

I disagree the flat cap sweat shops are running at maximum production. Sadly the local whippet farm has had to close after cuts in its subsidy. As for chips we like the big ones rather than the foreign fries

Dock Shunter

It was on their "window on the north" feature we get.

We had a similar program up here called "Keyhole on the South"...........It only ran for a few months.Lack of viewer interest they blamed it on........ :D ;)

javlinfaw7

I hte to bring it up bout you are all down south.

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

'On ya, javilinflaw!  :thumbsup: :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

And Bealman is down southest of us all.

Bealman

Maybe, but my honeymooning daughter is up your way skiing as I type this! So watch it, mate, spies are out and about  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations