Forum switches into mobile mode

Started by Malc, May 12, 2016, 10:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

When opening the forum, it opens in the normal mode. However, when selecting a topic to view, It changes to the mobile mode. I use Safari on an iPad. This has just started happening.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

PLD

It is a regularly reported issue with numerous website on Safari (and Opera) browser mobile versions...

Aparently something 'clever' in the software that switches to mobile versions of websites when connection speeds drop below some unspecified threshold regardless of your preferences...

Are you having any other issues with you internet connection? Are download speeds noticeably slower when it happens?

Tank

I'm afraid that would be a problem your end rather than the forum.  Are you fully up to date?

Malc

All fully up to date and don't usually experience any issues. However, it stopped happening just after I posted. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to delete the post. I'm on a fibre connection and haven't noticed any drop in speed. It happened on about 5 or 6 topics, before I posted.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Caz

If you go right down to the bottom of a page there is a link to switch between normal and mobile versions.   ;)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35%