Poor Forum Performance

Started by Yet_Another, May 02, 2016, 09:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Quote from: GaryAlan on May 18, 2016, 12:03:51 PM
Just had a
"The www.ngaugeforum.co.uk page isn't working

www.ngaugeforum.co.uk didn't send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE " 

18/05/2016  12:00 PM  Win 10 64bit   Googal browser

Clicked reload and everythings fine.

Gary

I am getting the same as Gary and sometimes get the "page took too long to respond" message. There seems to be no pattern though - like Gary, I reload and it works and other times it don't   :hmmm:. I also have Win 10 64bit, but I use 'Google' (sorry Gary  ;)).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

austinbob

Very difficult to access site in Farnborough Hampshire around 18:00 on 18th May 2016 for about 5 minutes.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

A secondary issue is that, as it appears any pic has not loaded, people are trying again when, in fact, the pic did load. This is resulting in anything up to 8 (that's the highest I've counted so far) identical pics appearing in the Media section.

austinbob

No access at all from around 21:00 for about 10 mins here in Farnborough Hampshire.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

jrb

FWIW, I haven't experienced any issues with the NGF being slow, except when uploading pictures. The upload screen just hangs, then the site slows to a crawl (with, for example, the main page taking anywhere between 50 and 120 seconds to load). Even after closing windows explorer and re-opening, other sites work as normal, but the NGF is still glacial, only being resolved by rebooting my PC. Then it returns to normal - until I try to upload pics again :worried:

maridunian

Very slow upload of an image file:

Posted April 06, 2014, 15:43:35 GMT [16:43:35 BST]
Width × Height 1024 × 576
Filesize 106.93 KB
Filename Devlin's No 2x c (2).jpg

Whilst this was uploading, it was impossible to open a new window to NGF.

The original file was 3920x2204 pixels at 72dpi in 24bit sRGB colour and 1.8MB in size, so I'm guessing it's the compression/rendering process that's causing the server to run out of welly, potentially hitting other users at the same time.

Mike

My layout: Mwynwr Tryciau Colliery, the Many Tricks Mine.

My 3D Modelshop: Maridunian's Models

keithbythe sea

Hi Tank,
generally slow loading pages 7:15 - 7:30 pm BST today, 19th May

Oh, and slow previewing this post!

Bealman

Quote from: newportnobby on May 18, 2016, 08:34:59 PM
A secondary issue is that, as it appears any pic has not loaded, people are trying again when, in fact, the pic did load. This is resulting in anything up to 8 (that's the highest I've counted so far) identical pics appearing in the Media section.
Yes I noticed that's still happening when I looked this morning.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Looks like the lurgi has finally hit Australia, too. 1.00pm Aus time (4am UK time).... can't even upload one photo yet alone several.  >:(

colpatben

This morning 20/05/16 at 06:00 BST I mass uploaded 18 pictures to my 'New Start' album in three groups of six with no problems at all.

However at 06:45 BST I tried to add several more pictures and no go, the lot froze as has become the norm and I bailed out.
We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

Bealman

Yeah, just took a look at those, Colin, and was wondering how you did it!

Great pics, by the way.  :thumbsup:

colpatben

G'day.

I was staring to doubt my sanity, and my computer (new W10) and Web browser (Firefox).

BTW I generally try to monitor my Up/Download speeds during these periods of poor performance but they do not change by much

http://www.speedtest.net/
We never have problems, only solutions!

Current DCC Project

Involved in Bexhill West to Crowhurst

Now Sold Ensbourne

Colin

Longmoor

20th May 11.45  Trying to upload pics to an album. The upload appears to be happening but after several minutes it times out and I get an error message. Then I check the album to find the pics are there. Very strange.

MinZaPint

Only just able to log in, trying since about 12.00. Incredibly slow loading to post this, will pop back later to see how things are, have things to do  :confused1:
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Snowwolflair

ngaugeforum.co.uk
DNS TEST
2016-05-20 15:03:12
Permalink:   
Delegation
Everything is fine.
All tests successful in this part, no errors or warnings.
Nameserver
ns0.lcn.com.
Everything is fine.
ns1.lcn.com.
Everything is fine.
Consistency
Everything is fine.
SOA
Everything is fine.
Connectivity
Everything is fine.
DNSSEC
Everything is fine.

PING TEST
94.126.40.39  54ms to 60ms no packet loss.

TRACE ROUTE
19 hops 54ms no loss

OK everything to the host server is working fine, its not a bad connection, its a bad hosting server.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations