Poor Forum Performance

Started by Yet_Another, May 02, 2016, 09:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yet_Another

I'm slightly concerned that the performance issues around loading pictures are spreading. It's just been taking me minutes to load each page, and performance in general seems to have been degraded recently. I've just done a speed test on my line, and 30 Mbps should be adequate for most things.

Is there any diagnosis for what is going on server-side?
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

port perran

All seems to be fine here.
I've just made a post with a video link with no problems at all.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Derwentbob

Working well for me and I only get 1 Mbps. Maybe it is browser or ISP related?

Bealman

There have been issues with uploading photos in recent weeks, but we have had reports that all is working well now. I have uploaded photos in the last couple of days with no problems.

We will continue to monitor the situation, however.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Tank

Sorry for any trouble lately.  The hosting company say that there is/was a website that was causing issues on one of their servers, which was causing issues on here.  Hopefully it's sorted out now.

railsquid

Maybe it was just a split gear  :beers:

Newportnobby

There's no rhyme or reason to it but the forum still 'hangs' this morning and every now and then I lose the forum completely and have to do a refresh.

Tank

Thanks Mick.  I just tried to upload the pictures of my Class 89 build, but it's not working. ::)

Tank

Thanks Paul, I'm sure you're right.  Sadly, mine aren't even uploading today. :(

Ditape

[smg id=39051 type=preview align=center caption="abbey wood"]

just tried a random picture upload and for the first time for quite a while the upload went swiftly and easily, The problem as far as I can see seems to be fixed  :thankyousign:
Diane Tape

port perran

I too have just posted this random photo (using Photobucket).
No problem at all.

Bealman

That looks like orriby oversized, Di  :uneasy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Ditape

Quote from: Bealman on May 03, 2016, 12:11:00 PM
That looks like orriby oversized, Di  :uneasy:
Oooops!!! sorry it was a totally random pick from the photos from the Wales and West show at the weekend. :sorrysign:
Diane Tape

Newportnobby

Forum virtually unuseable since I logged on at 14.40hrs today. Soooooo slow to load pages and I'm getting lots of 500 Error notifications :help:

port perran

The forum was slowish here yesterday but is behaving perfectly normally this afternoon.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations