Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Papyrus

Running normally here all day in semi-rural Sussex (he says, keeping fingers crossed...)

Chris

longbridge

I couldn't access the forum at all for much of yesterday, most of you folks would have been in bed.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

DesertHound

Quote from: Geoff on November 11, 2014, 09:11:40 AM
Quote from: Sprintex on November 11, 2014, 08:29:21 AM
Quote from: Geoff on November 11, 2014, 07:57:05 AM
This is definitely a BT problem I was unable to connect via my BT connection at home, just got into work and I got on straight away and the works connection is Talk Talk.

Not so sure about that, been very slow here too and I'm on a 4G mobile on O2 that is usually quite quick ;)

Paul

Thanks for the reply Paul as I got on with Talk Talk quick thought it was BT.

Quote from: mjkerr on November 11, 2014, 08:43:12 AM
Quote from: Geoff on November 11, 2014, 07:57:05 AMThis is definitely a BT problem I was unable to connect via my BT connection at home, just got into work and I got on straight away and the works connection is Talk Talk
error 503 also being returned concurrently on Virgin Media, O2, and three
15 minutes later and all was well, confirming the issue is with the server and not the ISP

Looks like its a National problem.

Make that an international problem - same issues here in Doooobey, or should I say Dubai.

Like the rest of you it's been variable. First tried at about 10am and it wouldn't load, about 6am UK time.

Dan
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Croxy

Slow to load pages here in Canada as well.........  :sleep:
If you like it run it......

Ancient Hermit

Can confirm it's slow a lot of the time.

In fairness I only found the forum a week or two back and had formed the idea that this was just how it is on here! I'd never considered this might not be normal!  :-[  :sorrysign:
Cheers,
Ian
Using 100% Kato Unitrack, Kato DC controller, Dapol locos and rolling stock, so far.

Newportnobby

Despite having BT's 'best' Infinity the forum has, regrettably, been very slow these last couple of weeks with only the odd occasion when its pages load quickly :(

Geoff

Quote from: newportnobby on December 02, 2014, 09:46:35 AM
Despite having BT's 'best' Infinity the forum has, regrettably, been very slow these last couple of weeks with only the odd occasion when its pages load quickly :(

Its the moderators fault really they are not pedalling fast enough.. :bounce:
Geoff

Dorsetmike

Of the dozen or so sites I visit at least once each day, NGF is by far the slowest I have come across, this includes 7 other forums, weather forecast, Ebay etc. I have Virgin cable at 30M +, (just did a speed test and got 32.7M down, 1.97 up)
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Dorsetmike

QuoteIts the moderators fault really they are not pedalling fast enough..

Nah, the Mods don't do the hard graft, it's the pair of hamsters on the treadmill, just that the mods forget to feed them enough.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Oldun

Its slow on mine and I'm using BT Infinity, speed test shows 64.4M down and 16.5 up.

Can take up to a minute to load a page but, has on a couple of occasions in the last 14
days loaded almost instantaneously.

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Bob Tidbury

I think Geoff is on the right lines perhaps we should all send the Moderators some Snickers bars for Christmas might build up their energy so they can peddle faster , no matter how fast or slow it's still the best forum for us Ngaugers.
Bob

scotsoft

I wish you lot would be quiet, me and the hamsters are trying to sleep here  >:D  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

cheers John  :dighole:

Brooksy

Me too...it's getting quite annoying so I've just stuck another coin in the meter. I wouldn't mind paying more for smooth running so if you need to increase your monthly fund-raising goal I'll help out whenever I can.

Cheers,

Brooksy

Papyrus

I can only repeat my previous comment on November 11th... still chugging along as normal at this end.

Weird, ain't it?

Chris

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations