Bentley Copse - Modern Image OO

Started by RossE, January 31, 2016, 04:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossE

Hi all,
This thread will document the construction of Bentley Copse; my OO gauge layout that is based in a town located in southern England. The name Bentley Copse was previously used by my tester layout, but I liked it so much that I am going to carry it over to this layout and retire the old one.

I have no real wish to fix myself too much to a specific era or location, so I am loosely swaying towards the Southern region of the country and it will be approximately set in the modern-ish era (1990's (BR BLUE/NSE) to the present day). That said though, you'll inevitably see something completely out of place run every so often just because I feel like it at that particular given moment.

Layout-wise I'm taking heavy visual inspiration from 'Leaford NSE', 'Mountford Parkway', 'Five Elms', 'Quayside', 'Lakeside' (plus many more). I'll put pictures up of the basic plan I have as soon as possible to give you all an idea of what I imagine the layout to look like.

To follow the layout's progress please feel free to watch my update videos on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHJ5AXtjQWGJ4ccVARjallQ

Ross

Webbo

Hi Ross

Looking forward to seeing the progress on your updated Bently Copse. Enjoyed your series of posts on the pilot version. Just wondering what will be the fate of the C & CRR? Somehow or another the conversation on this one mostly slipped under my radar.

Webbo 

Bealman

Another Antipodean here looking forward to progress reports  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

RossE

Quote from: Webbo on January 31, 2016, 11:46:02 PM
Hi Ross

Looking forward to seeing the progress on your updated Bently Copse. Enjoyed your series of posts on the pilot version. Just wondering what will be the fate of the C & CRR? Somehow or another the conversation on this one mostly slipped under my radar.

Webbo

Hi Webbo,
The C&CRR is going strong and I am still working on it. It will serve as my operations layout. Ive put a recent construction update video below:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLJpNobihsvR0716rDORsHI3uyyxA5D-sg&v=xokKyTHce64

Ross

njee20

Named after the Scout Camp Site just near Cranleigh in Surrey, or coincidence?

RossE

Quote from: njee20 on February 02, 2016, 03:08:17 PM
Named after the Scout Camp Site just near Cranleigh in Surrey, or coincidence?

Indeed it is. I have a strong Scouting heritage and took the name due to a strong fondness. Have been there a fair few times over the times. Have you visited the site before? I did wonder if anyone would ever ask  :)
Ross   

njee20

I did indeed visit in my formative years, I grew up in Cranleigh (1st Cranleigh Scouts, Utworth Troop!) and do a lot of cycling, so regularly ride past it.

Chris in Prague

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to seeing this one develop.

port perran

Looks good to me.
Not sure of the station name though ?
Black & Decker halt ?? :D
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Mr PJ

Hi Ross,

Good luck with your latest project,  its very clever to use some of your existing modules as the fiddle yard etc. I agree its good to keep things simple, and glad you have found a way to run your UK rolling stock,
Cheers
Paul

cornish yorkie

:hellosign:   Thanks for the updates, all looking good & :greatpicturessign:
regards Derek.
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

Chris in Prague

Very nice scenic work indeed. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Ditape

I like the allotments, when the runner beans mature can I get some, I love runner beans with no garden and black thumbs if I did,finding beans in the shops is a rarity.    ;)
Diane Tape

Webbo

Very good Ross

I'm getting around to adding a veggie patch to my farm so your post is opportune for me.

Webbo

Milton Rail

Looking great, love the allotment :)
Thanks for looking - Andrew

My attempt at a box layout - Bogindollo

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50114.msg652980#new

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP