what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeeBee

No work to report on Martini Holt or Wotcanappen just can't get motivated at the moment  :sorrysign:

Newportnobby

Quote from: GeeBee on September 17, 2016, 11:55:26 PM
No work to report on Martini Holt or Wotcanappen just can't get motivated at the moment  :sorrysign:

Not surprised after your work at the show, Graham. That must have taken its toll on your physical resources.

chalfytich

chalfytich

port perran

Hopefully your motivation will return very soon Graham.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

GeeBee

Quote from: newportnobby on September 18, 2016, 08:31:02 AM

Not surprised after your work at the show, Graham. That must have taken its toll on your physical resources.

I don't think it is physical I seem to have switched off all enthusiasm for modelling I just feel like sitting down and vegetating perhaps after this operation I will have some more get up and go at the moment it has got up and gone
:-[

MinZaPint

Hi Mick, track plan here, which unfortunately shows how long I've been procrastinating  :-[

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1724.msg205002#msg205002

and a rather distorted panorama

so that's all the trackwork laid, all tested electrically so a thorough clean and then make a start on the scenics. Cheers for now David

Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Newportnobby

Thanks, David.
Everything looks very neat and well laid out, especially the under layout shelving :thumbsup:

Croxy

Total layout disaster........came home this evening to find that a fitting on a toilet had broken.....right above where my layout is in the basement.....so on top of whatever other water damage there is the layout is done.........everything soaked.......will have to be totally scrapped.......pulled up all the points and there motors....in tubs of rice to hopefully save them.....will be quite a while before I start over........

:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
If you like it run it......

Bealman

Oh no! Most certainly a disaster of major proportions!

My condolences, mate.  :(

The points and track should be salvageable, not sure about the electrics, though.

Sorry to hear this.

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Webbo

My condolences too.

I would expect that your electrics should be OK as it was fresh water that soaked them I assume. Make sure you dry them out thoroughly before passing a current through anything.

Webbo

Newportnobby

Catastrophe!
So sorry to hear that, Croxy, and hope you manage to salvage as much as possible :(

daffy

Quote from: Croxy on November 06, 2016, 05:19:27 AM
Total layout disaster........came home this evening to find that a fitting on a toilet had broken.....right above where my layout is in the basement.....so on top of whatever other water damage there is the layout is done.........everything soaked.......will have to be totally scrapped.......pulled up all the points and there motors....in tubs of rice to hopefully save them.....will be quite a while before I start over........

:veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

This is so terrible for you. I can imagine just how you must be feeling.

As well as using rice, some of those water absorbency crystals used for damp places will be more efficient. I used some recently to dry out an iPhone that had dropped into a loo (don't ask!) and it was successful. I just placed the item in a sealed box resting on a piece of wood on top of a thick bed of the crystals for 48 hours.
These are the ones I use but others are available:

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/20934/Moisture-Trap-Refill-Crystals?gclid=CPjfucLwk9ACFVU_GwodEh0MdQ&src=gfeed&s_kwcid=AL!49!3!105381800309!!!g!43851818465!&ef_id=WB8AKwAABK-bUCkb:20161106100427:s

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

daveg

That's really bad luck.

Do hope you can rescue much of the trackwork and some if not all the electricals.

Any chance you can get some financial help to replace the lost kit via insurance?

Keep us posted.

Dave G

port perran

So sorry to hear about this.
It would be good if your insurance coughs up. Worth a try ?
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations