What are you modelling?

Started by guest2, November 26, 2010, 09:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymond

I'm from Holland, living in the UK and model German.

ERA IV & V  :thumbsup:

Just about finished drawing my layout but think it isn't big enough.  :-\

The outside of the track is 2M x 1M and the room is only 2.2M wide. I'd like to turn the whole room into one big track but I need somewhere to work too.  :hmmm:
I like sitting in my hottub with a beer or two......

Silver Line

Representation of a Trip to Lyon via TGV and incorporating an alpine panorama into a Coffee table. Track layout well under way and some building materials arrived to day. Busy days ahead.
Alwyn

mark37/4

Im beging to model in modern era 1993-2014 with some preserved stuff, Im also run some what if & what the hell stguff, mainly a colas 66 on a speedlink train

Mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA

BUT IM ALL ABOUT BAD IDEAS

richie894

I started out focused only on mid 90's ECML. But decided I liked trains from other regions/ eras and wanted those on my layout also. I use correct rolling stock for each loco, but have a Virgin Pretendolino running on the same track as a Regional Railways Sprinter or a Intercity Swallow HST for example.

So I guess I am now UK 1985-2005 ish,

I buy whatever trains I like the look of or relate to from my past. The only thing which is really consistent is that I only purchase diesels. Although I may get a stream loco sometime soon. I might end up with a kind of preservation railway kind of theme.

Newportnobby

Quote from: richie894 on May 20, 2014, 08:18:19 PM
. Although I may get a stream loco sometime soon.

How about going bigger than a 'stream' loco and get a 'River' class  :-X
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SECR_K_and_SR_K1_classes

njee20

Modern for me - post 2006, EWS/DBS/Freightliner/London Midland/Virgin for a WCML based layout once I finish making the garage more hospitable!

talisman56

Quote from: njee20 on May 21, 2014, 11:23:56 AM
Modern for me - post 2006, EWS/DBS/Freightliner/London Midland/Virgin for a WCML based layout once I finish making the garage more hospitable!

There was a time when the word 'Modern' applied to any layout on which an occasional box-like thing which had fumes or sparks around the roof area appeared...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

njee20

Yes periodically I open a thread with  a 'modern image' tag (more commonly on the 'other' site), and find it's full of boring blue and grey stuff!

Chris in Prague

My first N Gauge layout 30 years ago was, then, 'Modern Image' BR Blue locos (Class 27, Class 35 Hymek, Class 42 Warship) and Blue and Grey Lima and Minitrix carriages!

JonathanC

For me, I like both steam and diesel, and even though I'm an Aussie, English trains for me have the most appeal. I'm going for British Railways era 4 and 5. I am not fussed if they have early or late logos. When I get around to eventually doing a layout, I would set it in the early 1960s.

steve836

Quote from: newportnobby on May 20, 2014, 09:09:50 PM

maybe an atlantic or pacific
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: steve836 on July 22, 2014, 02:52:07 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on May 20, 2014, 09:09:50 PM

maybe an atlantic or pacific

Then model a classic GWR train like the OCEAN MAILS....  sorry I'm :dighole:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

EtchedPixels

Been there done some Ocean Mails stock  :D
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Cutter

I am modeling Welwyn North Station on the Great Northern Mail Line, c.1925-35. At present I am collecting stock and kits to build, planning a layout, and trying to figure out where to build it--I live in a house without a basement, attic or garage! True to scale, within the station limits the trackwork at Welwyn North is about 22 feet long--I will have to condense it considerably, and can get it down to 12 feet or so. I am busy figuring out the various station buildings, and have been making crude coloured card mock-ups to help in my layout and structure planning:

This photo shows the main station building with the goods shed and signal box in the background.

Silver Line

Quote from: Cutter on September 01, 2014, 11:32:32 PM
I am modeling Welwyn North Station on the Great Northern Mail Line, c.1925-35. At present I am collecting stock and kits to build, planning a layout, and trying to figure out where to build it--I live in a house without a basement, attic or garage! True to scale, within the station limits the trackwork at Welwyn North is about 22 feet long--I will have to condense it considerably, and can get it down to 12 feet or so. I am busy figuring out the various station buildings, and have been making crude coloured card mock-ups to help in my layout and structure planning:

This photo shows the main station building with the goods shed and signal box in the background.

Love the way you are forward planning this layout.
Alwyn

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations