what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodger

The next job is to clean the track to give the 4 CEP another run, it will be worn out soon. Then if theres any time left complete the design file to fit another signal.

Oldman

Nothing.
SWMBO has decided more decorating needs doing ::)
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Jerry Howlett

Have finally thanks to "Nobby" and his express fishplate delivery service  :smiley-laughing: I have installed and wired up the single slip so the main loops are once again complete. Trouble is the ability to run trains may well delay track laying in the yard and on the branch ....again.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

EtchedPixels

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

moogle

I've been adding a circle of standing stones to Kilnevan.
Its small and Irish, nothing like Stonehenge!
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

tadpole

Sat staring at my layout for 2 hours thinking do I really need:
EMU depot
Diesel depot
DMU sidings
Carriage sidings
as well as a main line, branch and two stations?
...and where would the DEMUs and electro-diesel locos park?

(Sometimes, less is more - Ed.)
Two rails good. Three better.

Sprintex

ANOTHER day spent soldering wires!!  :sleep:

I'm sure once it's all done, and I can just plug my control panel into the layout and have control of 34 point motors, and they all tell me which way they're switched, it will all have been worth it . . . . .

. . .. won't it ? ? ? ? ?  :smiley-laughing:

Paul

ianb1303

Jack

Very little, after much frustration in trying to get Mk2 layout plan to work sensibly and can't, I've decided to start a complete redevelopment. So come next weekend all the rolling stock goes into their boxes :thumbsdown: although I may delay putting them all away until I've done the complete layout plan and not just track planning (yet another newbie error).

Mk2 layout has 6 out of sight storage lines which seems daft after spending out on rolling stock to then hide it. It also has endless other errors, like melted tie bars from where I cut the Seep motor rods in place with a Dremel, with 3 hidden points.... Oh the list goes on.

It's been a steep learning curve, fun but steep, just don't mention the cost to HID.

Jack
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Donkey

Playing trains with my B1 and Tornado  ;D

Marty

Newportnobby

Quote from: Donkey on March 19, 2012, 08:37:18 PM
Playing trains with my B1 and Tornado  ;D

Marty

You waited so long for that B1, Marty. Don't go wearing it out ;D

Donkey

Will try not to, but you were right all along - they are a great loco  ;D :thumbsup:

Marty

Bikeracer

I'm busy making buildings but seem to be making slow progress,I'll soon finish my goods shed and then it's a loco shed and a diesel depot.

It didn't help when I put the office up to the side of the goods shed and realised I'd glued the walls on opposite sides and the poor little man coming down the steps walked straight into a brick wall.  ::) Another office has been built and attached.

I think the main goods shed will be okay without a second attempt but I'm on the second roof for it.Dunno why manufacturers of card kits always put roof lights below the slates,in real life they'd just trap water,so I'm trying to make a more realistic roof light.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations