what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotsoft

I had to look up bleachers to find out what they were and as usual NPN you are correct   :-* :moony:

scottmitchell74

Yes, they're ballpark bleachers that go in my baseball ballpark.

Here's an early unpeopled shot of the ballpark...

Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Cooper

A few running repairs, and final clean and hoover before the NGF meet up this weekend. See some of you there I hope!

scottmitchell74

Quote from: Only Me on February 13, 2014, 09:11:37 PM
Looking good!! Ive taken many a trip to Fenway Park... Like the viesmann yard light usage too ;)

I'm jealous! Never been to Fenway.

Man, you nearly nailed it. I had to get Brawa double floodlights in HO scale to make it work for ballpark lights. But, yeah, basically the same difference.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

ParkeNd

Opened my jiffybag from Amazon to behold a set of Peco level crossing gates - in OO size!! Email sent asking for order to be corrected. Hope the an gauge are better - the OO size looks too toylike.

1936ace

Having decided a little rethink so more operation can happen & with the branch now from Barts end I needed to adjust the track a little. So now the main is straight with the branch to lilyvale now off to the right as you leave the station.
So as a result I needed some siding so I have added three sidings & changed to yard entrance a little with head shunts at each end.
Once the glue has dried & the weights lifted I will upload a photo. Now train will be able to come into Barts end be split or exchanged before heading off back down the branch
A good mornings work
Bart

4x2

Nice surprise from the postie when i got home.... the name plate arrived for my layout ! Every layout should get one of these :thumbsup:

If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

ngauger

LNWR & Midland Railway Company

johnlambert

Last Sunday I bought a job lot of scenic bits and pieces on ebay for £20.  When it turned up in the week I was impressed by how much stuff there was - I'd estimate far more than I could buy new for the same price - and much of it unopened and as new.

I've been messing around with various little bits and pieces.  Here's an example of a corner of the layout:

The hedges were all one colour but I brushed on some glue and dipped them in a bit of scenic scatter to give them a bit more colour.  I need to do the same with the conifers as they're far too bright and un-natural (and I got dozens of them in the parcel)

One of the items was a rather nice Oxford Diecast Jaguar, so I had to pose a quick photo.

Raymond

I 'think' I'm nearly there with collecting bits of track.

I think I need another double slip, some straights, two more points and that should be it.

Oh, and a 2x1M board to lay it on…... ;D
I like sitting in my hottub with a beer or two......

scottmitchell74

Decided to try weathering my track. Never realized what a difference it could make until I'd seen everyone's excellent results here. Using Testors' Rail-Rust and I'm using Tie Brown on the ties.

At first I wasn't so sure. It's impossible to get it perfect. Then I realized steel doesn't rust in perfect patterns and plus all kinds of other grime gets on the rails and ties.

I think the best part for the ties is that it simply takes away that plastic-y shine.

**Note to self** I think I'll do all this before I have the ballast and grass/weeds/stuff down next layout.

How do others handle the order of operation there?

daveg

Thanks for the update, Scott.

Rails look good.

I've not done it myself at all but one of the numerous techniques I have read is to treat the track before it's actually laid.

Dave G

Sprintex

Quote from: scottmitchell74 on February 17, 2014, 10:56:13 PM
**Note to self** I think I'll do all this before I have the ballast and grass/weeds/stuff down next layout.

How do others handle the order of operation there?

Personally I did mine in this order:-

Lay track (and test running!)
Paint rails
Ballast
Weather track and ballast (as they all get covered in the same grime ;) )
Add greenery

:thumbsup:

Paul

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations