what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Removing stock and buildings from the layout in preparation for the 'contraction' to an 8ft x 4ft :(

boonie

i am ballasting my british N gauge layout, and have jumped the gun a bit as I have made up a static grass applicator and had to try it out on some finished ballast - looks good so far!
Al
Cheers,
Boonie

It doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always get in.

talisman56

Trying to find out why one of the sections is completely dead and what is wrong with one of the points as the motor is activating but the point won't throw...

Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Newportnobby

Quote from: boonie on December 27, 2013, 03:34:47 PM
i am ballasting my british N gauge layout, and have jumped the gun a bit as I have made up a static grass applicator and had to try it out on some finished ballast - looks good so far!
Al
How about letting us see a pic please, Al? :camera:

boonie

Thanks for the interest. I will post a photo or two if and when i can find out how! It isnt made easy here is it? I have joined photobucket next step is linking the two!
Al
Cheers,
Boonie

Bealman

Success on both counts, Al! The ballasting and static grass look great, and the photos have come up well.

I have never bothered with photobucket - I just followed the steps in the tutorial we have on here!

Welcome to the NGF, by the way!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

ParkeNd

Finished ballasting this afternoon. As long as there are no bald bits on this final section when it's a bit dryer then it's time to fit Plastikard tops on two platforms - then paint stone platform facings, paving slab edges, and Tarmac.

Don't know what the heck acrylic paint colours I need though.

boonie

Quote from: Bealman on December 27, 2013, 11:57:50 PM
Success on both counts, Al! The ballasting and static grass look great, and the photos have come up well.

I have never bothered with photobucket - I just followed the steps in the tutorial we have on here!

Thanks for the encouragement. Awaiting delivery of airbrush to finish off ballast weathering then its "terra-forming"
Cheers,
Boonie

LNER1949

Quote from: Bealman on December 27, 2013, 11:57:50 PM

Well done, once you can follow on the Photobucket, it does become easyer, I too found it daughting to begin with. Thanks for posting your pictures.

Bealman

Al, you do realise that the name 'Boonie' here in Australia conjures up pictures of the famous and mischievous test cricketer David Boone, don't ya? ;D :thumbsup:

Not sure if he was into N gauge, though.  :D So it's probably OK.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

boonie

Quote from: Bealman on December 28, 2013, 11:42:58 AM
Al, you do realise that the name 'Boonie' here in Australia conjures up pictures of the famous and mischievous test cricketer David Boone, don't ya? ;D :thumbsup:

Not sure if he was into N gauge, though.  :D So it's probably OK.
I was aware of him, but my freakiest experience was at Glastonbury festival and hearing people chanting BOONIE all weekend only to find out it a footballer called Roony and that i wasnt famous after all!
Cheers,
Boonie

Dorsetmike

Must admit  to not having done anything actually on the layout for a few weeks, I've been concentrating on buildings, mostly blocks of 4 house terraces; 2 blocks of Metcalfe low relief with a pair of Peedie cast resin shops between, a terrace  of 6 Peedie cast resin low relief - 4 houses 2 shops, 3 scratch built card 4 house terraces,2 hacked Metcalfe semis,a scratch semi, and 2 low relief scratch 4 house terraces currently on the bench.

I've still got enough parts cut for a load more, the buildings work bench is next to a radiator and is downstairs,the layout is in a bay window upstairs and the nearestrad is across the room, I wonder if that has any bearing on what I work on?

The above gave me an idea, got out my measuring stick, I can just about get my 4'x 2' test track on top of the shelving alongside the work bench, I do have some locos that need work and some partr built kits so maybe  ... ... ... ...
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Jerry Howlett

The fact that my Layout is downstairs in the unheated cantina and I occupy (with the occasional counter attack for sudoku space by Mrs"H") most of the dining room table next to the wood burning stove, may account for my constant construction of card buildings throughout the winter.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Jerry Howlett

OK so I got bored waiting for the non arrival of the postman. So I looked at a few free downloads and found this one. I may now have to move the location nearer to the metropolis to fit it in.

Now all I need is a 2mm model of the Dagmar, ok so I haven't watched it since 1980 ish.

Free download from Kingsway models (old xmas freebees)
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Newportnobby

Surely you need some people arguing furiously and freatening to kill each uvver ???

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations