what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moogle

Absolutely nothing as its in another county 200 miles away!  :'(
Still, don't stop me thinking of what needs doing for when I get back!  :thumbsup:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

4x2

Just finished airbrushing the tracks on 'project pointless', and i must say it looks rather good !
I also tried to emulate a dip in the track, where the ballast is crushed by the trains and the powder is deposited along the track - i hope it looks about right ?

If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

OwL

Hi Mike,

That looks really good work, 10 out of 10.

I have been busy on Old Warren this morning, I have been experimenting with my new Tomix track cleaner, and I must say that iam very impressed. The hoover mode is fantastic, especially with the amount of dust pulled from the filter and the hoover fan. (plus some loose ballast.)
I also got some people and cows for the layout from Santa, so Iam working out where to place what. The Cows are already placed and happily grazing in the field at the front of OW. Iam also impressed with the Graham Farish figures, very well detailed.
gonna have a mamoth running session tomorrow, cant wait :claphappy:..........

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

GlenP

I'm trying to complete my track laying!

I had a lot of problems with one joint which, unfortunately, had to be on a fairly tight bend. It's finally gone into place though. Just got the last couple of bits to cut to length and solder the droppers to.

Once that's done there're two more point motors to mount and a fair bit of adjustment (one Cobalt at least is shorting the track power as it's internal switch makes contact before it's moved the blades clear of the rails.

In the mean time I've also ordered a station building and signal box kit from Metcalfe - need the former so I can work out the platforms.

Glen

scotsoft

Quote from: OwL on December 22, 2012, 12:39:59 PM
I've even got some moo cows to go on........
Moooooo!

I look forwards to hearing these cows fitted with a sound chip  :P
May I ask, politely, where these chips are shoved?  :goggleeyes:

Quote from: OwL on December 27, 2012, 02:27:57 PM
gonna have a mamoth running session tomorrow, cant wait :claphappy:..........

Won't the vibration loosen your ballast too much  ???  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

cheers John.

davidjhope

Just spent the last hour sifting through the Henry Vacuum to find a trackside relay box that wasn't stuck down. :doh:
Found it in the end. :claphappy:
Now back to cleaning all the track for a running session tomorrow morning. :NGF:

Oldman

Looking at a bit pf baseboard.
Trackplan and track sorted.
Need 4 more point motors and a trip to get the timber for the framework.
Scenic ideas being mulled over with a bottle of Black Tower
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

davidjhope

Quote from: 4x2 on December 27, 2012, 02:17:15 PM
Just finished airbrushing the tracks on 'project pointless', and i must say it looks rather good !
I also tried to emulate a dip in the track, where the ballast is crushed by the trains and the powder is deposited along the track - i hope it looks about right ?

That track looks fantastic. Well done :claphappy:

lil chris

Spent most of yesterday wiring under the baseboard points and the bus.In future I must do each point as I go along which I know is not practical. But only the other main board to do 6 points and 2 slips........must crash on......
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

d-a-n

Caz

First weekend since before Christmas I actually managed to do some work on the layout.   Finishing off making the hills around Bampney village and then prettifying it with lots of trees, bushes and flowers, still have to make some more buildings, hopefully start them this week.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

grumbeast

Had a great day, wired up the lower mainlines of the layout, and all the pecorino switches on the station.  My thumbs hurt from all the wire stripping but it's a good productive pain.   Ran my very first train around the main today !!

Graham

glenng

I am listening to planet rock with a mug of coffee.  :goggleeyes:

Sprintex

Shouldn't that be in the "what are you listening to?" thread rather than here? ::) ;)

I spent (wasted?) all day yesterday finding different ways NOT to make a limestone rock face :doh:

Still, have a couple more ideas yet  :idea:

Paul

Pengi

Quote from: Sprintex on January 28, 2013, 04:20:02 AM
Shouldn't that be in the "what are you listening to?" thread rather than here? ::) ;)

I spent (wasted?) all day yesterday finding different ways NOT to make a limestone rock face :doh:

Still, have a couple more ideas yet  :idea:

Paul

Have you see this article - I used the techniques for my cliff faces

http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=Basic-Scenery
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations