Here I go (again) - moving home.

Started by NTrain, December 14, 2016, 09:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NTrain

Two years ago, we moved into our current home, hoping to make life easier. And so it was.

However, what I thought was a bit of a stiff back has progressively got worse and been diagnosed as arthritis of the spine. I have been advised to give up full time work and move into a bungalow.

I thought not very helpful. The bills still need to be paid and rent-able bungalows are like hens teeth. Against the odds, we have found a bungalow to rent a short distance from our current home.

There is likely to be a disruption to on line communications over the next few weeks, but I will try to keep on top of N-Train as much as possible. I will have space for doing 3D development work on my new 3D printer, which is still in it's box waiting till after the move, to be opened.

Drakken

Health and making life easier is the priority above all else. Good luck finding your new home  :beers:

I live in a bungalow myself and best decision I've ever made, Although I'm only 31 makes everything easier when moving too :)

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

It can be quite a shock downsizing to a bungalow so I hope all goes well for you :thumbsup:

N-Gauge-US

Sorry to hear about the spine :( I know moving will be a hassle, but I hope it proves worth it in the end and give you some relief. Put your health and sanity first and deal with N Train when you can. All the best

Philip
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

D1042 Western Princess

As the others have said, good luck with both the move and your health.
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

NTrain

We have the keys. Have started cleaning and moving a few bits about.

Ordered a satellite dish installation. TV reception dreadful in our area, so we have Freesat.

Ordered phone line/broadband/Now TV package, but they have lost my order!!!!!!

Next stage, painting bedrooms.

As it is furnished, we have very little to move, except we are having our own bed, lounge furniture and upright freezer. They are being moved on Wednesday.

All my railway related stuff will wait until after Christmas, as we have until 13th January before the house needs to be vacated.

robert shrives

Bob,
good luck in every way and enjoy the "move" and I bet you find stuff you never knew you had !
Enjoy festive season and take care !
Robert

javlinfaw7

The problem with moving is in the packing , I have some boxes in the attic from  my last move 32 years ago that have not been  in packed ,books mainly

NTrain

Most of the move took place so we were in the bungalow before Christmas, just.

Now got to get the final few bits out of the house and clean it before the 13th January.

Looking forward to getting phone and internet on the 9th. It is a pain having to go back to the old house just to check e-mails etc.

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

NTrain

At long last, we are back on the internet.

It will take a few days to catch up with things, but hope to have things back to normal shortly.

Newportnobby

Hope you've managed to squeeze everything into the new abode, Bob.

NTrain

Well, that didn't last very long.

We have got to move again. The landlord said we had too many boxes, while moving in, didn't like us having grandchildren round to visit. We don't have pets, but he also hates cats.

The estate agent spent ages telling us that we have done nothing wrong and tried to tell the landlord that a rented property becomes someones home while they are there, and that they should be allowed to live the way they want. He would not budge.

There was a break point on the agreement, so we are out by June. He has agreed, that if we find somewhere, he will not hold us to paying rent for the full term.

I have arthritis of the spine and not sure my back can take another move, as we will not have enough funds built up to pay a removal firm. I have been off work for two weeks, due to the pain in my back, taking stronger tablets. No choice but to go back to work next week, so I can raise as much money as possible for deposit etc. We still haven't had the deposit returned from our last rented property.

:veryangry:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations