Tiny TrackZ (our new game)

Started by zwilnik, July 29, 2015, 09:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zwilnik

Adam and I are just putting the finishing touches on our new game Tiny TrackZ. This game's my entire excuse for getting back into railway modelling in 2009 and was put on indefinite hold after a change of publisher ownership. We really wanted to do a model railway game though, so we restarted it this year and it should be out on iOS in mid-August, with an OS X version to follow soon after.

Essentially, the main game is the Inglenook Sidings puzzle (with a few extras as you progress ;) ). As you complete puzzles, you unlock trucks, engines, scenery and train sets. You can also spot trains too!

Railwaygun

Roll on the IOS version. I presume we get 1 loco as a free starter and have to buy the DD40x as an add on, or will we be able to incorporate our own locos?
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

zwilnik

Quote from: Railwaygun on July 30, 2015, 08:29:18 AM
Roll on the IOS version. I presume we get 1 loco as a free starter and have to buy the DD40x as an add on, or will we be able to incorporate our own locos?

We've recently switched to the good old fashioned, you pay a reasonable amount for the game and play it rather than lots of IAP. We may do some extra train packs later as IAP, but not pricey. So far we've got 8 different locos (3 different models with a variety of liveries) that you unlock by completing the puzzles.

We're starting small on this one, so if it all goes really well, I'm tempted to do an engine shed kit later that lets players put their own models in, but that's way down the line at the moment ;)

fisherman

<o({{{<<

zwilnik

Quote from: fisherman on July 30, 2015, 04:11:31 PM
can you  get it on Android??

At some point we'll probably consider it, but given the high cost of producing and testing an Android game for all the devices and the low returns on paid apps on Android, it's fairly low priority at the moment.

steve836

I don't understand all the alphabet soup. Will it work on a PC or do you need a tablet?
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

zwilnik

Quote from: steve836 on July 31, 2015, 05:07:28 PM
I don't understand all the alphabet soup. Will it work on a PC or do you need a tablet?

You'll need a Mac or an iPhone/iPad.

steve836

d-a-n

steve836

Quote from: d-a-n on August 01, 2015, 02:23:52 PM
This looks superb!

but no good if you need the latest gizmo to access it.

zwilnik

Quote from: steve836 on August 01, 2015, 03:18:15 PM
Quote from: d-a-n on August 01, 2015, 02:23:52 PM
This looks superb!

It runs on everything from an iPhone 4/iPad 2  upwards, so good for the last few years there and most Macs from the last 5 years will run it too (It was written on a 4 year old iMac). So latest gizmos not needed. It does of course bump up its quality settings for the newer devices, but that's normal.

PC/Android etc/Consoles etc. are all under consideration for a later date but financially they're all more of a risk and less of a reward, so we're focussed on getting the main version done first.

d-a-n

We have the technology.

steve836

D1042 Western Princess

If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

zwilnik

Quote from: steve836 on August 01, 2015, 07:05:46 PM
Quote from: d-a-n on August 01, 2015, 05:39:45 PM

We have the technology.

I don't

The thing is Steve, you're not exactly making a great case for it to be worth porting the game to the PC. Your implication is that you don't have a relatively modern PC, want one or spend much money on your current one and its software. Which doesn't make you a great potential customer for a games publisher.

I mean, it's great that you're bumping the post up so more potential players see the game we've written, but we all get your message "It doesn't work on my machine" already. Repeating it is hardly likely to make us think the PC market is worth bothering with ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations