Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Searle

potts

MrDobilina

Quote from: potts on March 17, 2016, 04:14:28 PM
[smg id=36794 type=preview align=center caption="002"]

FTFY

potts

Dave Searle

Quote from: MrDobilina on March 17, 2016, 03:37:29 PM
Quote from: Dave Searle on March 17, 2016, 03:32:49 PM
4 sets of 5 :)
so about 30 inches of stock o.O how well does 66014 do pulling all that lot?

I've not measured them, but probably nearer to 70-80 inches.  Loco has no problem with the load.

Cheers,

Dave

Newportnobby

The 'weathered' Royal Scot arrived this morning. Originally described as 'heavily weathered' by Farish, I wouldn't exactly describe it as 'weathered' either - more a sort of all over matt finish. However, she looks very nice and runs a treat straight from the box, in which she is a very tight fit! :worried:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Only Me on March 19, 2016, 02:12:51 PM
[smg id=36835 type=preview align=center caption="image"]

Well it had to happen at some point!!

EEEK!

Hope you've got something for the kids to look at too :P

N-Gauge-US

EEEK!

Very jealous!!!
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

railsquid

paulprice

EEEK!

Brilliant, I want one

austinbob

Quote from: newportnobby on March 19, 2016, 02:09:37 PM
The 'weathered' Royal Scot arrived this morning. Originally described as 'heavily weathered' by Farish, I wouldn't exactly describe it as 'weathered' either - more a sort of all over matt finish. However, she looks very nice and runs a treat straight from the box, in which she is a very tight fit! :worried:

I totally agree about the weathering but she/he/it?? (which ever is currently politically correct) is a very good looking loco. Runs beautifully and I'm very pleased with her/him/it??  :confused2: :hmmm: :D
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

austinbob

EEEK!
Where did you find it - gotta have one for my North Hampshire preserved railway!!
:D :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

gc4946

Quote from: newportnobby on March 19, 2016, 02:09:37 PM

I think this model is the only one modelled in N offered by a manufacturer - so far - that has the diagonal yellow cab stripe applied.

"The yellow stripes were to show the loco was prohibited from working south of Liverpool or Manchester over the LM region electrified lines to Euston. Apparently, it was applied to some of ex LMS class 4F, rebuilt Patriots, Jubilees, and Royal Scots and ex LNER class A4, A3, A1 A2 and A2/3 pacifics. This is according to my Observers Book of Railway Locomotives of Britain, 1966 edition, which shows pictures of most of those classes with the diagonal stripe. Think I've seen pics of 8F's with them as well. There weren't many survivors of those classes left by then, of course"-source: http://www.modelrailforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8526 posted 6 April 2009.

46122 spent its last years at Carlisle Upperby and Annesley (GCR)
http://www.brdatabase.info/locoqry.php?action=locodata&type=S&id=105013&loco=46122
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations